VAR

Hodgson was pathetic in his interview too. Had an absolute meltdown when he had a player sent off v Liverpool but tonight’s was ‘just the way the modern game is’.
Yeh I expected more because of that and the fact he's old school or so I thought.
Both managers in a game need to call out bad decisions which ever way it goes,
But they don't if benefits their team,
Grow a pair, call them out and take the fine.

I think they may well of gone too far tonight, nobody believes that should of been a red card. It's been a farce VAR since day one, entirely designed to influence results. Man City getting a goal disallowed against Spurs for a player handballing it, yet Deli Ali punches it out for Spurs against us and it isn't given. Just get rid of it. It's clear referees are selectively using it to punish certain teams, I could tolerate bad decisions in the past but now it's just ridiculous when they are actually looking at it.

Personally don’t think the issue is the decision to go to VAR or to decide to give a red, as I had thought they are supposed to punish players going in with studs high or above the ball regardless of whether they ultimately make contact

Not my own preference, just understanding of what the rule is but somebody might know it in more detail

The big issue is the inconsistency as there’s countless tackles which fall within those parameters that don’t even get looked at. For any real hard challenge to VAR in general, or the officials crap implementation of it, you’d only need to take that one rule as an example and show countless examples where a red has been given or not and ask your questions from there as to firstly what the VAR officials are claiming and with what exact footage, and from there what is the refs reasoning to go along or not.

I think there’s a lot of emotive noise in this subject that distracts from the details, which is understandable when we get screwed over, but I’d like to think somebody at some club or in the footballing world would take this up. Garry Neville’s not had a cause to shout about for a while, get him into the Sky video library

Personally don’t think the issue is the decision to go to VAR or to decide to give a red, as I had thought they are supposed to punish players going in with studs high or above the ball regardless of whether they ultimately make contact

Not my own preference, just understanding of what the rule is but somebody might know it in more detail

The big issue is the inconsistency as there’s countless tackles which fall within those parameters that don’t even get looked at. For any real hard challenge to VAR in general, or the officials crap implementation of it, you’d only need to take that one rule as an example and show countless examples where a red has been given or not and ask your questions from there as to firstly what the VAR officials are claiming and with what exact footage, and from there what is the refs reasoning to go along or not.

I think there’s a lot of emotive noise in this subject that distracts from the details, which is understandable when we get screwed over, but I’d like to think somebody at some club or in the footballing world would take this up. Garry Neville’s not had a cause to shout about for a while, get him into the Sky video library
It just isn't a red card, if their guidance is telling them that it is then it's wrong. The game needs clear decisions to be made based on the actual rules, with the expectation that sometimes borderline decisions could be deemed 'wrong'. It's absolutely not good enough making stinking decisions like this with the aid of video replays.

I personally don't think you can referee games based on previous decisions, and to be honest I think we're getting dangerously close to that.

I actually liked VAR in 2018 world cup.

it was brought in to stop clear and obvious errors. If you have to draw a line, nothing To see. If you have to look at it in slow mo, nothing to see. If you have to look at it a second time, nothing to see.

it can be good, but has to be clear and obvious. It then takes 10 seconds so no impact on the game

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back