Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too, when you have striker all have there own strength, then we could change them around depending on defence type we are up against.

last season he did realy well in the run in. he was played upfront with AJ and the pace was great, especially when fernandez played through balls like we saw for AJ against spurs. hes been realy unluck with injuries and hopefully now he can get some games.

I said at the end of last season that AJ was not a good enpough striker to carry the front line on his own. He has all the attributes you would want from a striker other than size, he gets knocked off the ball all to easily hence the refs are now ignoring clear and blatant fouls on the lad. I even suggested that we accept a muted bid of £15 mil for him, most would now snatch the hand off any club offering that amount at the time most would not have let him go for £25 mil. I do not want to sell him however, his heart and pace are things we can use but from the subs bench once flaws in the opposition are clear.
Playing 4 - 5 - 1 makes us predictable, DM has not changed it round because of shortage of personnel, I would go 4 - 4 - 2 against Reading with both kids up front and Reading shitting themselves with AJ on the bench, he normally scores against them. The Yak won't be back for at leat another two weeks

I remember mate, you wernt winning any popularity contasts in that thread! I have to say i agree with you! I think AJ's game is getting found out a bit now, while he has to be one of the unlukiest players i have ever seen. I like him though and see what he can offer, and of course would like his to stay. Although you have to admit that the penetration of the opposition has not been as good without Yakubu.

But when you see Defoe going for 7.5 - 9.00 mill i think if we got 15 mill for AJ we would have to look at it seriously.

While I admit AJ is struggling on the scoring side of his game,Why should we sell him what ever we got for him would not bring in a better quality player so we would be weakening the squad

more on vaughan

okay so Vaughan needs a run to develop his potential. lets see DM give it to him.He has made the under 21 squad again but with non-scoring crocks like Heskey getting selected it shouldn't be too long before he steps up

I dont think Vaughan is as good as people make out plus he has looked well below par since he came back from injury.

how many starts has he had this season?

yak needed time to get on form, he needs a run of games that i cant see him getting now yak is back. looked good in the run in last year, hopefully he can do it again.

1. vaughan was injured at the start of the season.

2. when we play 4-5-1 there is only one striker-yakubu. this means AJ will be on the bench and moyes will probably play him over vaughan because he is more experienced.

3. recently with yak away AJ has played infront of the 5 man midfeild. this is where i would have liked to see vaughan play upfront with AJ. we have been short in midfeild and the likes of osman have not been match fit. Cahill will not play at reading (if he is in Australia? ) this would be a good opportunity to see vaughan, but yak is back so we will probably play yak and AJ upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back