• Sell him, we need the money

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Keep him, we need the goals

Votes: 44 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell... no! keep... no!

And there in lays the problem. He is a bit of an inigma. Like to see him have a sustained injury free run. So keep until season end and make mind up then.

now let me get back on that fence!

13 games for Palace. 5 goals, 4 Yellow Cards and 1 Red Card !! Take away the hat-trick and it reads 12 games for Palace. 2 goals, 4 Yellow Cards and 1 Red Card.

Sorry not for me, I say sell.

Or take away the 4 yellow cards and 1 red card, give him back his hat-trick and it reads 12 games for Palace and 5 goals.:)

I say keep.;)

13 games for Palace. 5 goals, 4 Yellow Cards and 1 Red Card !! Take away the hat-trick and it reads 12 games for Palace. 2 goals, 4 Yellow Cards and 1 Red Card.

Sorry not for me, I say sell.

Louis; good to see you signed up!!

.......and still our best player by some distance.His yellow cards were all the result of "vigorous" challenges rather than indiscipline.(the red was a bit of a wild one.)Broadly earned as a result of his willingness to put himself about a bit. I probably saw him half a dozen times and only once did his marker get the better of him during a game. Sharp and pacey, always put in a shift. If he signed for us, (which he won't) he would be the most popular signing for quite a while. Probably our best loanee since Ashley Cole.
He would do much better for you than for us, as, although it is a big step up in class, he would have much better players around him.
You really have a better insight than us, and I like what I'm reading. I'm massive fan of Vaughan and would rather sell any of our other strikers.
Maybe him and Beckford would be and ideal partnership, pace and power.

If we need some cash loan, don't sell him. He's only 22 but thanks to injuries developmentally he's only about 19-20. You'd have to be nuts to sell him. Anyone who's watched him play can't say that he'll never have an extended run of success like Caroll is having this year say in 2013-14. Carroll who is a headcase is now worth 15M. You want to risk giving up that for 1M-2M at best? You don't sell young strikers especially ones who at that age know what its like to be a professional, stay out of trouble and give their it all like Vaughny does.

Or remember that Everton is a Premier League club and it reads 9 goals in 56 games...

We are a Premiership club. Thought Moyes took us down years ago?:oops:

I know the goals in games ratio, doesn't read as that impressive, but guess they aren't all starts (sorry, too lazy to ook up)? Even if, what's the risk in keeping him on? He did cost us nothing, as he progressed through our academy and won't be on mega high wages. Give him another try, if he can stay free of injury for the remainder of the season, he can finally prove himself. If he gets another major injury, than alright, maybe it's better to sell.

Still think he has the potential to be a very good Premiership striker. He has a lot of attributes speaking for him, bar the phrones to injuries. Can't really understand why some on here are so eager to sell. Just give him another chance, we've got nothing to lose.

We are a Premiership club. Thought Moyes took us down years ago?:oops:

I know the goals in games ratio, doesn't read as that impressive, but guess they aren't all starts (sorry, too lazy to ook up)? Even if, what's the risk in keeping him on? He did cost us nothing, as he progressed through our academy and won't be on mega high wages. Give him another try, if he can stay free of injury for the remainder of the season, he can finally prove himself. If he gets another major injury, than alright, maybe it's better to sell.

Still think he has the potential to be a very good Premiership striker. He has a lot of attributes speaking for him, bar the phrones to injuries. Can't really understand why some on here are so eager to sell. Just give him another chance, we've got nothing to lose.

We've been saying "hopefully he'll stay fit" for years and it never happens. He's about 2 years behind on his development and needs to be playing week in week out and not sitting on the bench.

A fair few injury prone players basically become like that due to not playing regularly...muscles seize and tear easier etc. He needs games.

We cant give him that.

Wouldnt mind keeping him but loaning him out for another season. But if an offer came in and he was playing regular...he'd probably want to go and we should let him

We've been saying "hopefully he'll stay fit" for years and it never happens. He's about 2 years behind on his development and needs to be playing week in week out and not sitting on the bench.

A fair few injury prone players basically become like that due to not playing regularly...muscles seize and tear easier etc. He needs games.

We cant give him that.

Wouldnt mind keeping him but loaning him out for another season. But if an offer came in and he was playing regular...he'd probably want to go and we should let him

We can give him that, atm. Both Yakubu and Saha aren't exactly delivering this season. Just give him a try, he's free of injury atm.

If we could loan him out to a higher profile club in the championship (sorry Alan Whittle, as I do have a bit of a soft spot for your team and hope you play yourself safe), then I'm all for it. Just don't want to sell him at this stage. If, and I know it's a big if, he can get himself rid of these injuries, he could become quite a player.

The Yak i think has another year, didnt he sign in 07, not sure like but, i thought he signed a longer contract then three years. He will leave anyway i think.

We can give him that, atm. Both Yakubu and Saha aren't exactly delivering this season. Just give him a try, he's free of injury atm.

If we could loan him out to a higher profile club in the championship (sorry Alan Whittle, as I do have a bit of a soft spot for your team and hope you play yourself safe), then I'm all for it. Just don't want to sell him at this stage. If, and I know it's a big if, he can get himself rid of these injuries, he could become quite a player.

He's not good enough to be leading the line and starting week in week out. If he was, he'd be doing it now.

Our striker situation has a number of reasons as to why they're not firing on all cylinders. Its not because they're poor players.

Ones a trier but not 100% to be the striker that can delivery all season, or at least 90minutes.

Ones out of form....badly.

One has bummed Moyes' wife, sister and children in a mass orgy that he's basically been outcasted from the team...even though he was playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.