VDM to play in Brann?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Rodwell and Gosling in the party (and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them on the bench given our injury situation) but to be honest I would like to see VDM shine in this one, just because I remember how he once was and not the shadow he appears to be these days.

Nice to see Rodwell and Gosling in the party (and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them on the bench given our injury situation) but to be honest I would like to see VDM shine in this one, just because I remember how he once was and not the shadow he appears to be these days.
I feel totally the same about him (y)

It is a risk we cannot afford Attr, play another defender, put another defender on the bench before him. It is great to see the trust being place in those kids, Rodwell has already had a taste imagine the sensations going through Gosling, from Plymouth to this brilliant(y)

To be honest, I can only see him playing if we are winning 4-0 with half an hour left tbh.

I would like to see him play, just to see how well or badly he does, as others have said, as his final chance - to be honest, he's doing better now that ever before, he has made it all the way up to substitute for the full team, I remember it was news that he had gotten into the reserves last season (or was it the season before?) so he is doing well... for him.

I think it all depends on how much the relationship between VDM and Moyes has panned out over the years. If Moyes thinks he can do a job, he'll play him.

I feel bad for some of the young lads that hes even traveled! Seriously this amazes me that givinghim a chance is even debatable!

Hes been given a chance, hes been given runs of games, anytime ive seen him which is basicly everytime hes played hes been [Poor language removed]! I dont care if hes an alcho, druggie, dog lover if he was good id say throw him in.

Ive never seen this numpty play well for us, so to be honest im at the conclusion hes just [Poor language removed], he doesnt have the talent! If he never played for Inter or Ajax we wouldnt even be having this conversation, playrs should be judged on how they play not on clubs that they played for!

Hes [Poor language removed] FACT.

I feel bad for some of the young lads that hes even traveled! Seriously this amazes me that givinghim a chance is even debatable!

Hes been given a chance, hes been given runs of games, anytime ive seen him which is basicly everytime hes played hes been [Poor language removed]! I dont care if hes an alcho, druggie, dog lover if he was good id say throw him in.

Ive never seen this numpty play well for us, so to be honest im at the conclusion hes just [Poor language removed], he doesnt have the talent! If he never played for Inter or Ajax we wouldnt even be having this conversation, playrs should be judged on how they play not on clubs that they played for!

Hes [Poor language removed] FACT.

I feel sorry for the boss as he is a constant reminder not to panic buy

A lesson well learned though mate, cant beleive he could still be here this time next year. Strangly i thought Nuno was a bit of panic buy the same year but turned out to be solid signing!

When you think of that summer we signed

Kroldrup
Davies
Nuno
AVDM

Not to mention Beattie in the Jan, think those dealing hammered home the point to the boss and board thats it was quality that was needed not quantity!

Last edited:
If he gets a game tonight (and I think he will pop fans!) then I'll judge him based on that.
I'm willing to give him a chance, just one. A tiny tiny little iddy biddy one. Let's see how he gets on. He has been edging nearer the team for a while. He can't be getting that sort of spot if he was "[Poor language removed] FACT" now could he :)

If he gets a game tonight (and I think he will pop fans!) then I'll judge him based on that.
I'm willing to give him a chance, just one. A tiny tiny little iddy biddy one. Let's see how he gets on. He has been edging nearer the team for a while. He can't be getting that sort of spot if he was "[Poor language removed] FACT" now could he :)

Only because we have had fewer and fewer players available, he has been [Poor language removed] in the reserves on the odd time he played

Yep! But im a dreamer ive two hundred on him to score in the V Bookie, still think hes [Poor language removed] though!

Short memory Monty?

Nyarko.

By a country mile.

Not in my book TX, can't imagine how some would have reacted if VDM was black mate. I felt sorry for Nyarko who clearly was never up to the task, he was imo racially abused by some and that stunk, I can't think of anyone who was more glad to get away from GP. This guy is a totally different proposition, drunk, lazy and such a bad influence he is a joke, Nyarko was [Poor language removed] and Smith should have checked him out long before we bought him. Did you know that nearly every club in the Prem turned that lad down as it was clear he was not up to it, not Smith millions down the pan

Forgetting the racial side of it (and I've not heard of Everton fans racial abusing Nyarko although I'm not saying it couldn't have happened), I dont see a lot of difference.

You say you "feel sorry" for Nyarko. Fair enough.

Any sympathy for VDM due to the issues with his child? How about any sympathy for him if he indeed does have an alcohol abuse issue? No?

Bad influence? Where? Dressing room? On the pitch? He hasn't been on the pitch so we can't have seen his supposed bad influence and any statement of such is just pure speculation and conjecture. I mean take a second and think about those words "bad" and "influence."

If he was really an influence, and a bad one at that, Moyes would have shipped him off long ago. Fact. No sense in keeping around a dressing room cancer, especially one with the problems he has and one who's made zero contribution so far.

This is why I have a big problem with people on this forum who will go right after one player for any number of supposed issues yet will overlook similar issues in others, mainly because it blows their case against the player they dislike out of the water and shows the inconsistency in their logic.

Problems with VDM. Fine.

But don't sit there with a straight face and tell me that you had no problems with a player like Nyarko yet VDM is the scourge of all things blue. It doesn't wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back