VDM to play in Brann?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgetting the racial side of it (and I've not heard of Everton fans racial abusing Nyarko although I'm not saying it couldn't have happened), I dont see a lot of difference.

You say you "feel sorry" for Nyarko. Fair enough.

Any sympathy for VDM due to the issues with his child? How about any sympathy for him if he indeed does have an alcohol abuse issue? No?

Bad influence? Where? Dressing room? On the pitch? He hasn't been on the pitch so we can't have seen his supposed bad influence and any statement of such is just pure speculation and conjecture. I mean take a second and think about those words "bad" and "influence."

If he was really an influence, and a bad one at that, Moyes would have shipped him off long ago. Fact. No sense in keeping around a dressing room cancer, especially one with the problems he has and one who's made zero contribution so far.

This is why I have a big problem with people on this forum who will go right after one player for any number of supposed issues yet will overlook similar issues in others, mainly because it blows their case against the player they dislike out of the water and shows the inconsistency in their logic.

Problems with VDM. Fine.

But don't sit there with a straight face and tell me that you had no problems with a player like Nyarko yet VDM is the scourge of all things blue. It doesn't wash.

TX, wash or not but fact, especially as far as the race matter is concerned as I nearly came to blows with a guy in the top balcony who kept it up all the match. Nyarko wasn't given a chance by many, how many does your mate want, the list goes on.

TX, wash or not but fact, especially as far as the race matter is concerned as I nearly came to blows with a guy in the top balcony who kept it up all the match. Nyarko wasn't given a chance by many, how many does your mate want, the list goes on.

Fair enough on the race issue.

I can say that I wasn't the supporter that I am today with Nyarko so I only know about Nyarko through written reports mainly. I saw him maybe in a handful of matches. As I had stated, I wasn't aware of what racial abuse he went through.

However, you haven't answered my main question. This isn't about chances for VDM. Everyone agrees he's had plenty.

This is what's at the root of my issues with Fernandes and VDM. It basically comes down to this:

Supporters just don't like certain players.

Newsflash, I can live with that. But I want people on this forum to own up to it. I want people to say, "Yeah, I just don't like Fernandes or VDM as a person. End of."

But some of the half hearted excuses I'm seeing to bolster their reasoning are really just laughable.

You tell me that you have sympathy for Nyarko yet none for VDM. Why is that? Both apparently have had issues of which some are out of their control.

Are you really going to sit there and tell me that those issues are different?

Your rationalizations don't work. Which leads me back to the my point. There are supporters who just don't like certain players and don't give a crap whether those players are given a chance or not. Admit it.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's what Fernandes is going to have to do a lot of to get people off of his back after just three matches.

Laughable really.

I dont understand the animosity to Andy Van- people see him as a waster but why?! Hes had some problems and the boss hasnt picked him- is that his fault? I would much rather see a player despised because of his actions on the pitch rather than when its a loack of action on it.

Question: Is it his fault the gaffer doesnt pick him?! Moyes does not suffer fools gladly but he has kept hold of the Van- he could easily have terminated his contract if his actions were that bad.

Well thats that question answered, anyway. No he didn't get a game.

Although I can understand why - we were never in either desperate need of him, nor were we ever four or five goals ahead.

I dont understand the animosity to Andy Van- people see him as a waster but why?! Hes had some problems and the boss hasnt picked him- is that his fault? I would much rather see a player despised because of his actions on the pitch rather than when its a loack of action on it.

Because he's getting paid a shed load of cash for doing pretty much naff all (thats my gripe anyway.) Like many others though, I would love to see the phoenix rise from the ashes. Time will tell however

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back