Victor Anichebe! Is he even good enough for Wigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not being funny, but I remember him coming on a few seasons ago in the Europa League and watched other defenders struggling with him.

He's skilfull for a lad of his build, needs to work on that attitude but he's got potential.

His attitude stinks, by all accounts he has the ability.

You can't teach attitude though, kid feels hard done by because he does not get a game. He needs to grow up imho. Perhaps he will develop into a mature and good player.

Well, he's 24 now. So... Doubt it. Pretty much at his peak now.

I'm not being funny, but I remember him coming on a few seasons ago in the Europa League and watched other defenders struggling with him..

This is my point, no one is arguing that he was great in that cup run but it was 5 years ago when that campaign kicked off.

It's like saying "I remember Michael Owen was boss for Liverpool in 1999 i'd give him a contract".

There is a handy player somewhere inside him. Sadly due to injuries he has never had a run of games since breaking into the team 5 years ago. I think the grief he gets is horrific at times and maybe he needs a move so he can be a first choice for someone and regain his confidence.

I'm not being funny, but I remember him coming on a few seasons ago in the Europa League and watched other defenders struggling with him.

He's skilfull for a lad of his build, needs to work on that attitude but he's got potential.

He was a terror in the Europa League group stages. Can't play 90 min but can do 25 pretty well. Noticed him not flinging himself to the turf last year and noticed actual goals and better play to boot. In fact his play gave me hope that he could be the killer sub that we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back