• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Alan Hutton.

This game could go on forever mate!

You also have to look at the Dutch league which isn't a great standard. But for every Afonso Alvez, there's a Ruud Van Nistelroy. And for every Mateja Kezman, there's an Arjen Robben. Of course there's an element of risk in buying players from diddy leagues, you have to take the chance though to get top class players for affordable fees.

I've seen plenty of Van Dijk and I think he's capable of making the step up. If Stones leaves then I think he's the ideal replacement. Hopefully these words don't come back to haunt me :)

lawd.gif

I may have sobered up, but I still believe my brothers and sisters

Virgil SHALL be our salvation!
LAWD above, bless our Boys in Blue!

Oh, Testify my brothers and sisters

(I'll now kill the gag. Hope ya'll enjoyed it)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/.../celtic-face-stand-southampton-saints-6349066
CELLTIC and Southampton face a 72-hour stand-off over Virgil van Dijk 
after his potential replacement was paraded at Parkhead yesterday.

MailSport understands talks re-opened on Friday between the two clubs for the Dutch defender, whose place at the Hoops may be taken by on-loan Manchester United kid Tyler Blackett.

But Ronald Koeman is 
determined Saints won’t pay over the odds for van Dijk. It’s believed their upper limit is £10million and they’re 
prepared to wait it out until January rather than meet Peter 
Lawwell’s £13m asking price. It’s also understood they’re 
currently the only side in the race, another reason for their stance.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/.../celtic-face-stand-southampton-saints-6349066
CELLTIC and Southampton face a 72-hour stand-off over Virgil van Dijk 
after his potential replacement was paraded at Parkhead yesterday.

MailSport understands talks re-opened on Friday between the two clubs for the Dutch defender, whose place at the Hoops may be taken by on-loan Manchester United kid Tyler Blackett.

But Ronald Koeman is 
determined Saints won’t pay over the odds for van Dijk. It’s believed their upper limit is £10million and they’re 
prepared to wait it out until January rather than meet Peter 
Lawwell’s £13m asking price. It’s also understood they’re 
currently the only side in the race, another reason for their stance.

Pretty sure I read somewhere yesterday that a fee of £11.5m had been agreed between Celtic & Soton.

Suspect press talk though it does look as though this one has legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back