2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFP probably did have something to do with the sale, we needed funds to buy players something had to give.
The difference is about 6m.

We sold Digne for 27m.

We bought Mykolenko for 21m.

Was the spare 6m to contribute towards a right back who can't even start over Kenny and Coleman worth it?

You're scrambling for reasons here.

The move to sell Digne and sign Mykolenko is one of a myriad of reasons that mean Everton Football Club will not play Premier League football next season.

Signing two full backs who are clearly not ready for first team football whilst you're in the middle of a relegation battle is as baffling as it gets. Type of signings you can afford to make when you're coasting.
I’ll never get my head round it, selling digne to get these two midway through the season is up there with the very worst Moshiri era decisions. Could easily relegate us. Absolutely crazy, criminal negligence.

The difference is about 6m.

We sold Digne for 27m.

We bought Mykolenko for 21m.

Was the spare 6m to contribute towards a right back who can't even start over Kenny and Coleman worth it?

You're scrambling for reasons here.

The move to sell Digne and sign Mykolenko is one of a myriad of reasons that mean Everton Football Club will not play Premier League football next season.
I think I’m right in saying, if Villa paid us out right that was income, signing the 2 FB I believe can be off set over the next few seasons over the time of there contract, so they haven’t caused an issue with FFP. I think I read it is like that. We have the money to spend but it has to be spent in a certain way due to FFP, club wanted to sell the player just as much as Benitez wanted to to ease the FFI issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back