2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a rant of sorts:

1: Ancelotti was interested, Brands scouted him and Benitez signed him.

2: He's been the left back regular for both Ukraine and Kiev for the past 4 seasons.

3: He has 21 caps and played 32 games in Europe by the age of 22.

4: He was rated in the top layer of highest potential u21 players for 3 years between the ages of 18-21.

5: He's been in/out of the team since joining and played in an unsettled team devoid of confidence. So far he's had Gray/Gordon/Richarlison ahead of him and Godfrey, Keane/Holgate next to him.

6: He did not cost £20mil / £21mil or whatever other fictitious fee mentioned. The fee was 'undisclosed' and strongly rumoured to be £17mil or £18mil including clauses. In the same way Pattersons fee was £16mil including clauses with the initial fee at £11mil...we can guess the initial fee for Mykolenko would likely be between £12-14mil.

7: He hasnt been dreadful or anything as bad as hes being made out to be. He's been average, probably 5 or 6 out of 10 every match.

8: He was signed a month into his 2 month winter break, moved to a new country and league and then seen Benitez, Ferguson and Lampard as managers. Not to mention his illness and the war in Ukraine.

I think he's a good player and opinions will change on him next season.

I will stay adamant on the fact he was awful for the first 2 months.

But I'm all in now. Absolute engine.

See my post above mate...

Fast becoming my favourite player. Grafter.

He called himself a 'soldier' on the pitch before.

As a lazy eastern european example, reminds me of Vidic in terms of his mentality. Just does not let players past him at all cost.

He just top class and i love defenders like him

If he was Italian he'd be very highly rated....the secret will be out next season.

See my post above mate...

He called himself a 'soldier' on the pitch before.

As a lazy eastern european example, reminds me of Vidic in terms of his mentality. Just does not let players past him at all cost.

He just top class and i love defenders like him

If he was Italian he'd be very highly rated....the secret will be out next season.
I'm trying to admit I'm wrong here.

You know how hard this is?

Don't push it you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back