2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know why so many Blues get so wrapped up in new signing not starting as soon as they come, or going WAY OTT on initial form.

They are new to the county, new team mates, new systems / food / language. They are probably living in a hotel out of a suitcase on their own and some of you want them playing every minute and turning in MOTM performances!!

Needs to be as good as Roberto Carlos or he’s written off after two games.

Was it not his cross that started the build up to Richy’s overhead at Norwich?
Yes he set Krul up to punch it to rich. Fair play but that was the definition of a hit and hope. He’s over and under hit many more including sending an easy one out for a goal kick late on when we were pressing for an equalizer. I’m not saying he can’t get better once he adapts. I’m just saying it’s not been very good so far. Which is to be expected for a young player making such a step up with a team that’s a slow motion car wreck.

I agree but the way he's been brought in unfortunately has put a lot more pressure on the lads shoulders.

Pretty much has been the case for a lot of our signings for a while, you can't expect one player to make a huge difference (unless he's Messi) and the panic is contagious. We don't spend enough time imposing ourselves on a game, confidence drains and we are left with a shell of a player wondering where it went all wrong.

They feel better of course on payday and thus the cycle continues. We should be backing him to the hilt and hope that he performs his duties to a reasonable standard after acclimatisation.

Pretty much has been the case for a lot of our signings for a while, you can't expect one player to make a huge difference (unless he's Messi) and the panic is contagious. We don't spend enough time imposing ourselves on a game, confidence drains and we are left with a shell of a player wondering where it went all wrong.

They feel better of course on payday and thus the cycle continues. We should be backing him to the hilt and hope that he performs his duties to a reasonable standard after acclimatisation.
Ye exactly he's no world beater and should have been brought in alongside Digne , introduced slowly etc.

But ye he's only going to feel so bad with no financial worries , the best free health care , top class facilities, 5 star housing and all the time in world to do whatever he feels.

Like you say the " cycle" goes on.

Our defensive stability was just as good as previous, his returns were just as good and now he's going to tear it up at a rival club. I don't think most would agree at all if looked at objectively. We were all pleasantly suprised at how well he slotted in replacing someone as good as Baines and that may colour their perspective slightly but he has been a consistent creative force for the team up until the arrival of the dinosaur. He will be missed and is already, his corner was the difference last weekend.
I thought it was the header? Anthony Gordon created good chances and not from a dead ball. He was not god's gift or indeed Leighton Baines.

I thought it was the header? Anthony Gordon created good chances and not from a dead ball. He was not god's gift or indeed Leighton Baines.
The pace and spin on the ball play a huge amount in that goal, Buendia directed it well for sure but it was a quality corner.
Digne was behind only Trent and Robertson for chance creation among defenders last 2 seasons. Leighton Baines was regularly the top full back for chance creation. Who would you regard as good enough for Everton? Roberto Carlos?

The pace and spin on the ball play a huge amount in that goal, Buendia directed it well for sure but it was a quality corner.
Digne was behind only Trent and Robertson for chance creation among defenders last 2 seasons. Leighton Baines was regularly the top full back for chance creation. Who would you regard as good enough for Everton? Roberto Carlos?
Potentially

Status
Not open for further replies.