2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

He's already here Dave.

Just that he crosses the halfway line so the Manager won't pick him.
Don't waste my time.

We need a pacy defender who can defend and attack, not some no mark who looks like he needs a nebuliser when he's made a solitary run upfield.

And as @Saint Domingo mentioned earlier: we need pace into this team. We are chronically short of that. Hopefully we can get a right-sided FB who can at least help add that dimension to our game.
As horrible as our finishing has been, I'd agree with you here. We have to be the slowest team in the league, and by some margin

The only pacey guy we had we sold for peanuts last summer. We can debate the merits of Gray in the team, but one thing we can't debate is once he left, we had virtually zero pace whatsoever, and it showed this season

As horrible as our finishing has been, I'd agree with you here. We have to be the slowest team in the league, and by some margin

The only pacey guy we had we sold for peanuts last summer. We can debate the merits of Gray in the team, but one thing we can't debate is once he left, we had virtually zero pace whatsoever, and it showed this season
Godfrey is about the only pace we have. If only he could play football.

Pace, pace, pace are the three signings we need to make.

Don't waste my time.

We need a pacy defender who can defend and attack, not some no mark who looks like he needs a nebuliser when he's made a solitary run upfield.
Modern day full backs don't do that, they are not coached like that anymore mate. Full backs are very much attack, attack, attack now in most setups with the CB shuffling over to cover. We have Myko and Utd have Wan Bissaka both are much more defensive minded and it's unusual these days. You wouldn't think it but it is.

Modern day full backs don't do that, they are not coached like that anymore mate. Full backs are very much attack, attack, attack now in most setups with the CB shuffling over to cover. We have Myko and Utd have Wan Bissaka both are much more defensive minded and it's unusual these days. You wouldn't think it but it is.
Yes, but we know there are some who can get back and into position and keep defensive shape. Baines, Coleman and Digne gave us that in the recent past.

The Alba/Alves dynamic Barcelona had of a full back who stays closer to home in support and a full back who gets forward at the slightest opportunity still is a common pairing.

Top clubs want the  capability to attack from both wings because when the opponent puts eleven behind the ball the way Brentford did, they don't want to do dumb stuff to break them down like have Branthwaite running around as an extra mid the way we did on Saturday.