2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Mad take. Statistically one of the best defensive full backs in the top 5 leagues/champs league etc
Not an immediate priority but moving forward a better Full back who can add to the attack or start it would improve us and Mykolenko as cover also improves us. Can pull stats all you want but I watch him every week and see how uncomfortable on the ball he is, I’d prefer doughty from Luton, let’s see how well Mykolenko does when a new left sided CB comes in.

Not an immediate priority but moving forward a better Full back who can add to the attack or start it would improve us and Mykolenko as cover also improves us. Can pull stats all you want but I watch him every week and see how uncomfortable on the ball he is, I’d prefer doughty from Luton, let’s see how well Mykolenko does when a new left sided CB comes in.
What??? Myko was excellent for us last season. In the 4th best defence in the league. There aren't many in the Prem I would prefer at left back currently let alone players from relegated teams who aren't Prem quality

Have you seen who our manager is? We're not getting an attacking full back either side, what is this nonsense?

And he's doing well enough - even bagged a few but this was quickly sussed out as he was too far upfield no doubt.

What??? Myko was excellent for us last season. In the 4th best defence in the league. There aren't many in the Prem I would prefer at left back currently let alone players from relegated teams who aren't Prem quality
He put a run of games together where he did well, I’m sure playing alongside Branthwaite, Tarkowski and Pickford helped him, as I said not our biggest problem and as @DualityNSNO just mentioned who our manager is doesn’t seem to use attacking full backs. Not many you’d prefer to Mykolenko? Fair enough.

He put a run of games together where he did well, I’m sure playing alongside Branthwaite, Tarkowski and Pickford helped him, as I said not our biggest problem and as @DualityNSNO just mentioned who our manager is doesn’t seem to use attacking full backs. Not many you’d prefer to Mykolenko? Fair enough.
For how we use him - he's one of the best in the league, statistically as well. It's not pretty but it works and people are using "he's part of a great defence" when talking about Ashley Young of all people, so if Young is "good enough for a new contract", then Mykolenko is comparatively Maldini.

Until we have a manager that wants full backs to do what you are asking, then it’s pointless signing a full back who plays in that way.

Myko is excellent in our setup and was one of our better players.

Until we have a manager that wants full backs to do what you are asking, then it’s pointless signing a full back who plays in that way.

Myko is excellent in our setup and was one of our better players.
I know we all have our own opinions on players mate and systems they play in but in no way can Mykolenko be called excellent he is a very limit left back.

I know we all have our own opinions on players mate and systems they play in but in no way can Mykolenko be called excellent he is a very limit left back.
I have stated a couple of times that he was excellent “in our setup” and statistically he was one of the top “defensive fullbacks”.

At no point have I suggested he doesn’t have limitations in regard to things like attacking play.

I have stated a couple of times that he was excellent “in our setup” and statistically he was one of the top “defensive fullbacks”.

At no point have I suggested he doesn’t have limitations in regard to things like attacking play.
I can't put the word excellent and mykolenko in the same sentence, sorry but I just can't. All opinions though.