Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is Digne has never been very good at his job, he’s poor at defending. Attacking he is good but if the defending part isn’t up to scratch hes not really much use to us.

Yea agreed. He was never good at defending. I think he has been declining since Carlo's season (2nd half). His 0 assist is 2021, which includes a huge portion of last season.....And I often find the positions where he puts his crosses are getting very predictable and some defenders found a way to stop him too.
His set piece taking was horrible this season, not surprised he was taken off set piece duty.

I think it's the right moment to sell him because his reputation is still somewhat in tact. And I actually thought Digne would wanna push for a move in the summer anyways. I think his "push" came earlier due to the fallout and our poor run of form.

There's no way we'll sell Digne for £20-30m.

They'll let him go out on loan for a minimal fee and an optional buy at £10m or something silly like that.

Rebel without a place.
S'what you deserve after chatting all that wham for so many years...

Ain't no sunshine when he's gone...ain't no sunshiiiiiine when heeeeee's gone

39835604005_80a22ca381_h.jpg

xx
A defender who couldn't defend, and now Weir has been brought in to do his coaching job.

General consensus appears to be that this is a poor signing. Good job this forum has no influence on what the club does.
He's a bad signing for some, because Benitez is here and signing him.

If they had their preferred choice of the cone laying Galloot as a manager then they'd say he was a gifted young international LB who is the future for us.

Tbh I’m not bothered who we sell, most of the first team players have been poor for to long. At least the youngsters looked hungry for it against chelsea I see very little of that from our so called stars, but saying that Richarlison does put the effort in more than most.
it's not the selling - I'm fine with selling players, it's what needs to happen

it's the way Benitez will go about it. Ostracising. He's an egomaniac, always has been.

General consensus appears to be that this is a poor signing. Good job this forum has no influence on what the club does.
Hmmm, I think most people are fine with it. I have no issue with the player coming in - he seems like he's got a lot of potential.

It's just a position there was no need to spend that money on in the middle of the season. It means Digne's going, so we're getting rid of a very good player in our squad and replacing them with an unknown quantity, and barring some mad offer, are only going to be about £10m better off in terms of fee.

Wages is different. So again, it's fine, I have no issue with it, but do it at the end of the season, when Mykolenko has had 6 months to settle into the league, and it's not a choice between him and Godfrey at left-back.

Why are fans just so happy to let this manager get rid of our best players? Literally all of the creativity from our side over the course of the past few years has now been gutted - and two of the players have been seemingly forced out by Benitez...

Status
Not open for further replies.