Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I think most people are fine with it. I have no issue with the player coming in - he seems like he's got a lot of potential.

It's just a position there was no need to spend that money on in the middle of the season. It means Digne's going, so we're getting rid of a very good player in our squad and replacing them with an unknown quantity, and barring some mad offer, are only going to be about £10m better off in terms of fee.

Wages is different. So again, it's fine, I have no issue with it, but do it at the end of the season, when Mykolenko has had 6 months to settle into the league, and it's not a choice between him and Godfrey at left-back.

Why are fans just so happy to let this manager get rid of our best players? Literally all of the creativity from our side over the course of the past few years has now been gutted - and two of the players have been seemingly forced out by Benitez...
He's the manager and he's there to manage. That means he gets to say who plays and who we sell and buy.

That's the reality. Get with it and get behind the manager and team or sneer and jeer from the sidelines. They seem the only two options.

That's the choice for you and the others who wont settle down.

He's the manager and he's there to manage. That means he gets to say who plays and who we sell and buy.

That's the reality. Get with it and get behind the manager and team or sneer and jeer from the sidelines. They seem the only two options.

That's the choice for you and the others who wont settle down.
But he shouldn't do because a) he's crap, b) he should never have been appointed, c) it's not a sustainable or sensible way to run a club and d) he's crap (I thought that worth reiterating)

But he shouldn't do because a) he's crap, b) he should never have been appointed, c) it's not a sustainable or sensible way to run a club and d) he's crap (I thought that worth reiterating)
You're beyond redemption.

Then sit and rock yourself to some comfort in the foetal position as the rest of us march on supporting the manager and the team.

You're beyond redemption.

Then sit and rock yourself to some comfort in the foetal position as the rest of us march on supporting the manager and the team.
Oh David, I'll quote your post from Sunday again

Edit: On topic, I'm hopeful this lad will be a good addition.

Would this be because the club has being doing so well during the last five years ( or indeed the last thirty)?
If we had won the CL for each of the last five years, or if we were battling relegation for the last five years, what is said on this forum wouldn't have had the slightest influence on those scenarios.

Mykolenko is a smarterscout young prospect, so our algorithm expects him to play at a higher level. And if Digne were staying, then having a 22yo come in eventually to succeed a 28yo would make sense. But it's not clear that Mykolenko is ready now.

Basically, this is a sensible deal if it's looking towards a future Digne sale. It's not at all a sensible deal if it's replacing Digne now (which there is no need to do).

If Digne doesn't want to buy into the team spirit those youngsters showed at Chelsea……sell.

He's a bad signing for some, because Benitez is here and signing him.

If they had their preferred choice of the cone laying Galloot as a manager then they'd say he was a gifted young international LB who is the future for us.

No he is a bad signing because its one of the last positions that need addressing. Especially when we have little money

If we had won the CL for each of the last five years, or if we were battling relegation for the last five years, what is said on this forum wouldn't have had the slightest influence on those scenarios.
Who said it would?
It’s a forum where people discuss Everton F. C. and exchange and express their own views on the various issues and details relating to it.
You seem to have a slender grasp of what a forum actually is.

Who said it would?
It’s a forum where people discuss Everton F. C. and exchange and express their own views on the various issues and details relating to it.
You seem to have a slender grasp of what a forum actually is.
Plenty write as though it does though!! Your definition of a forum is spot on.

If Digne doesn't want to buy into the team spirit those youngsters showed at Chelsea……sell.
Team spirit, aye

I mean, we should have been 3-0 down inside 30 minutes like

You can surely apply the same logic to anybody that didn't play the other day?

Like I said, it'll be Richarlison or somebody else Benitez picks a fight with next. And fans will back him, for some reason.

We always had money, I believe plenty of it, it was just FFP stoping us spending it, no other club has suffered with it like us, but ultimately it is our own fault spending the money in the past totally the wrong way.
I agree with you on that mate
Thing is I think it’s the wages on rubbish players that’s costing us big time.
No other clubs will entertain the fringe players because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.