Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still doesn’t excuse strengthening an area of the team that doesn’t need strengthening, just benetiz sorting out his grievance with the player, is all it needed.
It DID need strengthening. I would say he is a weak defensive player, our weakest. He has attributes ahead of the others but not the best at the back.

Agree , no one of us heard about him before so not sure how he can be instant boost into our team , I see him more as a great backup option with potential to take over next season after D departure

Dunno what they feed them in the Ukraine, but someone get the poor girl a pan of scouse quickly!

Is that a low hanging ball sack?
Screenshot_20220101-174654_Instagram.jpg

It DID need strengthening. I would say he is a weak defensive player, our weakest. He has attributes ahead of the others but not the best at the back.
Do you think other areas of the team needed strengthening before left back? The only reason he’s signed is because Benetiz has fallen out with Digne. Like I said it would have been so much easier to resolve his difference with the player and spend the money elsewhere!

It DID need strengthening. I would say he is a weak defensive player, our weakest. He has attributes ahead of the others
Do you think other areas of the team needed strengthening before left back? The only reason he’s signed is because Benetiz has fallen out with Digne. Like I said it would have been so much easier to resolve his difference with the player and spend the money elsewhere!
Digne seemed to stop trying about 12 months ago. A very good player before that but seems to of thrown his toys out the pram even before Benitez started

No it needed strengthening becuase unless Godfrey plays left back were are stuck there, Lucas is finished and has been for ages, this current player isnt the one from 2 years ago.
At least on the other side Coleman can put the odd good game in, Lucas zero goals and assists put plenty of free kicks conceded on the edge of our box.
Good player, once, wont be missed

Agree , no one of us heard about him before so not sure how he can be instant boost into our team , I see him more as a great backup option with potential to take over next season after D departure

Looking like Digne will be off this season not next!

None of us had heard of him but we dont have the expert knowledge Rafael has

Said all the right things in his interview.

‘Wants to understand the city and the club’ and ‘believe commitment and desire are the two most important things’.

Show that on the pitch lad and you’ll do for me

I would say many areas need improving at the same time. I would agree with you that a right back was more critical but it might be in progress. In my opinion two fullbacks and a centre-mid and we might have a team. I do think Digne, for whatever reason is not the player we thought he was early on.

Digne seemed to stop trying about 12 months ago. A very good player before that but seems to of thrown his toys out the pram even before Benitez started
In fairness too him, there are only so many managers and changes in style a player can put up with. Best for him and us if he moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.