Walter Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was playing alongside an Everton legend...a REAL one: Dave Watson.

I'm not having that fraud being elevated to Watson's level. That's just plain 'kin daft talk.

i dont care what you're not having. And i couldnt care less if he walked round in a cravat smoking a pipe.
i went home and away around that time. I think i saw every game gough played. He is exactly what you want in a centre half.

i dont care what you're not having. And i couldnt care less if he walked round in a cravat smoking a pipe.
i went home and away around that time. I think i saw every game gough played. He is exactly what you want in a centre half.
Then you didn't see what anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the game saw then: a player who pointed for others to run into defensive positions his legs couldn't get him into. A pointer and a shouter. Nothing to back it up with.

As said: an utter fraud who the Echo insisted on telling us was a kaiser.

Then you didn't see what anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the game saw then: a player who pointed for others to run into defensive positions his legs couldn't get him into. A pointer and a shouter. Nothing to back it up with.

As said: an utter fraud who the Echo insisted on telling us was a kaiser.

He was 37 you loon. Of course he didnt have the legs he had 6 or 7 years before. What exactly was you expecting for a free transfer?
I dont know many Everton fans at the time that never wished we'd got him a few years younger.
Except you of course. The fountain of knowledge.
You dont half talk some sh!te.

He was 37 you loon. Of course he didnt have the legs he had 6 or 7 years before. What exactly was you expecting for a free transfer?
I dont know many Everton fans at the time that never wished we'd got him a few years younger.
Except you of course. The fountain of knowledge.
You dont half talk some sh!te.
You were hoodwinked mate.

He was 37 and limited and didn't get through half the work other defenders got through. But because he pointed and shouted he was a Caledonian Beckenbauer.

Not for me. Not in a million years. I wouldn't be duped by the local media back then nor you or anyone else now. And for those not old enough to have seen him at Everton playing - they need to be informed the tripe spoken about him is exactly that.

He was 37 and limited and didn't get through half the work other defenders got through. But because he pointed and shouted he was a Caledonian Beckenbauer.

Not for me. Not in a million years. I wouldn't be duped by the local media back then nor you or anyone else now. And for those not old enough to have seen him at Everton playing - they need to be informed the tripe spoken about him is exactly that.

Oh stop.
Real cringe stuff from you tonight dave.

HE would have done all the speaking to put himself on that level too...the greatest self-publicist ever at Everton.

He used talk about himself in the third person: "Goughie doesn't make those mistakes"..."Goughie likes to be touch tight at corners"..."Goughie is not a player that takes the credit"

...yada yada yada.

An unspeakable fraud who personified a terrible period in the club's history.
Peak Davek ladies and gentlemen, right here.

I am old enough to have seen Gough in the flesh, and he was superb. So good that he was made Club captain for his second season with us. A little known fact about Gough is that he was born in Stockholm, so that makes him a Swede and you a Cabbage Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.