Want to post something but there isn't a thread that quite fits - thread

Many, many years ago I broke my arm riding my bike.

I went home and told my mother that my arm really hurt, she looked at it and said it would be fine, 4 hours later it wasnt fine and I insisted we went the Hospital, my arm was broken in numerous places and I needed an operation. I jokingly have never let my mother forget the delay and her saying "It would be fine".

Fast-forward 30+ years and I picked my son up from football Monday, his knee was like a balloon, he had fallen funny and was in a lot of pain and couldnt walk, "It will be fine" I said and the hospital visit was delayed.

After a visit to the hospital we find out that he has broken his leg, so life has now become full circle.

I don't know where to ask this then saw this thread so; What does it do when you watch a thread? Nothing seemed to happen when I was!?

Have been offered a job. I went into the interview process being told that it's strictly 5 days in the office, however I made it clear I'd like some flexibility with at least a day WFH.

At the final stage, I spoke with the Country Manager and reiterated this desire, and he said it's something they ought to be 'able to work out' and the job doesn't need to be done from the office every day.

In the previous two stages I talked with the fella who would be my manager, and he works 5 days in-office and told me several times the role is to be done from there, however he'd also 'prefer it if they had a more flexible policy' (which the Country Manager - his manager - has told he there is/will be).

Now I do not wish to commit or sign anything without this being given in writing regarding flexible working policy. Who is a good wordsworth that can craft a compelling email stating I'd be happy to accept subject to them stating the WFH policy in the contract?
You could use that as a basis but I would type WFH into The Google first and highlight and copy the answer. It looks a little silly otherwise.

Anyone got any information about the flights from Lanzarote being cancelled for the last few days my daughters been stuck there she was supposed to fly home last night but flight was cancelled and so have flights out today, one man said he's been stuck since Sunday.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back