Wasters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird thread really. You need a squad and toms part of that so shouldn’t make the list. The others ain’t getting picked but it doesn’t make them wasters.

Bar his purple patch at the start of the season he’s ranged from average to poor for years.
Nonsense, had a bad hammy this year and a terrible injury a couple of years back. Only Everton fans could think he has been a poor player for this club, sad really. Especially given some of the actual dross we have had to watch.
Fickle as ****

Another thread about our crap players is it?

We’re top 4 with Ancelotti in charge and looking the best we’ve seen for years ffs.
A flattering there mate, there's loads of teams around us who are in similar form and position. We are actually 6th and could be 7th tomorrow.

...it might not be their fault they’re not good enough to get game time and it’s certainly not their fault they were signed on lengthy, big buck contracts. They are very lucky footballers but I wouldn’t be certain they’re ‘wasters’.

A flattering there mate, there's loads of teams around us who are in similar form and position. We are actually 6th and could be 7th tomorrow.
And with a team that’s supposedly as bad as ours is (as this thread suggests) and whose goal is simply European qualification that’s a bloody achievement is it not?

...it might not be their fault they’re not good enough to get game time and it’s certainly not their fault they were signed on lengthy, big buck contracts. They are very lucky footballers but I wouldn’t be certain they’re ‘wasters’.
I know you played to a decent level and I'm sure in your time you came across a manager who told you there'll be days when nothing you try comes off but the least you can do is make a nuisance of yourself,put yourself about.
Too many of our players just hide,stroll about...or point.

I know you played to a decent level and I'm sure in your time you came across a manager who told you there'll be days when nothing you try comes off but the least you can do is make a nuisance of yourself,put yourself about.

This

Dunno. There's just something truly bizarre about making an enemy list comprised of members of a football team you are supposed to support. It's kind of like, as long as this team always wins, and its players are always at the exact standards that I (a random nobody on the internet with no footballing ability or expertise whatsoever) demand of them, then I will deign to give them my unconditional support and loyalty. Until then koff you useless, pathetic, wasters!

PS. I despise each and every one of you!

COYB!

Nonsense, had a bad hammy this year and a terrible injury a couple of years back. Only Everton fans could think he has been a poor player for this club, sad really. Especially given some of the actual dross we have had to watch.
Fickle as ****
I didn’t say he’s been a poor player for the club. He’s been good overall but he’s been patchy ever since Martinez’s second season even way before his leg break.

...I think the point being generally made is regarding players who rarely play. Frustrating though it is for us as fans, they are sitting doing nothing on big bucks because of the clubs failed transfer/contract policy.

It took me 20mins to realise Tosun wasn’t what we needed, he doesn’t play because he’s totally ineffective. It’s not his fault, just like it wasn’t Besic’s fault he was given a lengthy new contract when it wasn’t justified.

The point I’m trying to make is we have to accept the clubs failings, most of those players are coming to the end of their deals.

Sigurdsson was a ridiculous signing I really don't understand why we bought him and let Barkley go. Rooney was old but still had the skill to change matches, he doesn't offer enough for the amount of money he was signed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.