Match Thread Watford v Everton 10/12/16 KO 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the 3 in midfield play as a flat 3 and move as a unit with Barry as a centre point then I think this could work. Obviously would prefer Barkley over McCarthy.

Thank you to the two fellow blues on the train to euston before on Coach D. Thanks for the beer and the money (poker). Would rather be going the match than my friends wedding!

We need to show some improvement real soon - and get some talent in - cos we're not far from becoming another Newcastle or Villa - especially if we lose the two or three decent long term prospects in the side.

Yeah......Because Barkley has been an attacking threat this season:hayee:

There's been a decent few games where he was the only one making things happen with the ball on the ground. He's just being bypassed by the hoofs and he doesn't know how to adapt to that I don't think.

Clean sheet is imperative today - We've got 8 'defenders' on the pitch so if we concede it's a completely unjustified selection IMO

We dont have 8 defenders. We have 4
All three can play as cm, one of then will stay back while the other two will do a combination of f tackle and attack

The team is set up for the counter attack. It's obivious he he not happy with the pressing game backed up by the straight answer to question on sky sports does he have the players to play his pressing game of... NO. With the results and performances of the last 8 games we shouldn't be giving Mccarthy grief. He wasn't playing. Barry was. Barkley was. Rom was. They didn't perform. Big game for del boy. And I'm sure barkley could make a difference with 30 to go if he is chomping at the bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back