Match Thread Watford v Everton 10/12/16 KO 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

was hoping to see a side looking to take the game to the opposition, 2 up top with Valencia alongside Rom for support. Very defensive minded midfield unless Gana has a free role to bomb on a bit.

Oh well, let's hope it's a solid performance and most importantly results in 3 points.

COYB!!!

He wouldn't know what to do if he was played in a 3 and he has never shown he can defend. Let's just see what happens and see what Mccarthy can do. If he's not playing well bring barkley on

Why not? Playing in a midfield 3 isn't far away from playing as a 10 just in front of a midfield 2. And he's played in a midfield 2 before as well.

I've always thought being a part of a 3 would be his ideal role to be honest. Kind of like Pogba - strong, powerful runner, great dribbling and technique, good shooting, can go past players, decent passing but not particularly 'clever'. Pogba looks rubbish as a 10 for United, but looked amazing as the most attacking of a midfield 3 at Juve. I'm probably dreaming though.

Swap Barry for Barkley and that would have been our best side available to us with Gueye and Mccarthy holding and Barkley given more licence to push forward.

Barry for me shouldn't be on the pitch he's too slow to press in midfield.

Why not? Playing in a midfield 3 isn't far away from playing as a 10 just in front of a midfield 2. And he's played in a midfield 2 before as well.

I've always thought being a part of a 3 would be his ideal role to be honest. Kind of like Pogba - strong, powerful runner, great dribbling and technique, good shooting, can go past players, decent passing but not particularly 'clever'. Pogba looks rubbish as a 10 for United, but looked amazing as the most attacking of a midfield 3 at Juve. I'm probably dreaming though.
Think we are best trying it out when we are in form tbh. Cab you imagine if he plays crap and doesn't perform defensively costing us a goal. It'll destroy what little confidence he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back