Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Keane is restored to Everton's starting XI, as manager Frank Lampard makes one enforced change for Wednesday's Premier League meeting with Watford.

Defender Keane replaced the stricken Yerry Mina during the opening half of the win over Leciester City on Sunday. And he comes into the team at Vicarage Road as part of a likely back three, also featuring Mason Holgate and captain Seamus Coleman.

Lampard sticks with the front three of Richarlison, playing at the home of the club he left for Everton in summer 2018, Anthony Gordon and Demarai Gray.

Fabian Delph starts for the fifth time in six Premier League matches. He is partnered by Abdoulaye Doucoure in the centre of midfield.

Vitalii Mykolenko, who spectacularly opened his Everton scoring account at Leicester, continues at left-wing-back, with Alex Iwobi filling the position on the right.

Jordan Pickford is Everton's goalkeeper.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Salomon Rondon, Dele, Allan and Tom Davies are all named on Everton's bench.

That quintet is joined among manager Lampard's substitutes by Andre Gomes, Jonjoe Kenny, Jarrad Branthwaite and Asmir Begovic.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2613180/boss-names-everton-xi-for-watford

I presume we will play the same formation with a 5-2-3 / 5-4-1

I'm not really a fan of that formation in general, but we are getting results, so, I can understand us sticking with it.

Watford tend to play a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, so we can probably expect to get outmanned in the center of midfield and I am sure they will win the passing and possession stats. But I dont care as long as we win. COYB's

End of season game against an already relegated Watford Ressies...
A chance for us to move away from relegation worries...
Strong line-up based on winning team from the last 2 games...
Watford on a record home losing streak...
Expected win all around...
are you smelling what I am stepping in here?
Everton. But surely not this time? We have to get a result. Game faces on!

Status
Not open for further replies.