Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
7D7D4449-20FA-4A22-B6DD-C0BB0BECC134.webp

Please God tell me I’m wrong.

Im not a fan of a back 5, but its worked the last few games, so its hard to critic really.
It's worked in the past two games...

We need defensive solidity. Whether we play with a 3 or a 4 at the back, the line has to be right. Don't want to push too far up. Watford still have pace on the break and legs in midfield.

It worked against Chelsea and Leicester but is it required against a woeful Watford? I think this an opportunity to employ a more attacking setup but like you guys have stated it's been effective, so hopefully it works out

It worked against Chelsea and Leicester but is it required against a woeful Watford? I think this an opportunity to employ a more attacking setup but like you guys have stated it's been effective, so hopefully it works out
We have 5 attacking players on the pitch there.

I mean I get it, a back 5 is considered very defensive, but there are ways to make it not so.

Like for example, I consider it more a 3-4-3, rather than a back 5.

We have 5 attacking players on the pitch there.

I mean I get it, a back 5 is considered very defensive, but there are ways to make it not so.

Like for example, I consider it more a 3-4-3, rather than a back 5.
Depends on if we actually have the ball. The last two times out we've not had the ball a lot and it was very back 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back