Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I honestly expected us to have been fired up from the get go, and have the game put to bed by now. I'm very disappointed with the players mentality and attitude.
Not sure it's just that, the shape doesn't work against a team also sitting in and we lack creativity /cutting edge. Also it's the same team that just played on the weekend we need a few changes for me looks like lethargy

It was so-so, we are the only team threatening.

Gordon doing well.

Dirty Leeds losing and down to 10.. a win here all but sorts this out for us.

Last on MOTD tonight (or maybe 3rd with Leicester v Norwich)

I haven't read anyone say it was over... Maybe I missed it. I certainly never thought it was.
It's been more a general overwhelming sense of relief that has led to a vague assumption that we are going to be fine. Oh, and the suggestions that certain proven failures in our playing staff be offered contract extensions.

We're going through an ordeal and people are, understandably, swinging from one emotion to the next. The bottom line is we are a very poor side with lots of very poor players. If we get out of this mess, it will be by the skin of our teeth. We've got some momentum. A point tonight will be an opportunity missed for sure - but it will also be another point more than other sides have (assuming Leeds lose). We will have to extricate ourselves at Goodison.

If we are going to play at a pathetic workrate then we might aswel get dele on for some quality while we are at it

The players look tired to me, in the mind and in the legs, poor touches in the final 3rd letting us down. Problem is we don’t really have players to bring on who can improve things. Luckily for us so far they haven’t offered too much and Leeds are losing 0-1, down to 10 men and have had a player go off injured.
i disagree i think dele could definitely inject some liveliness offensively

We've been like this for a while now. Against the better teams, who will push on to you, we look good, playing on the break and soaking up pressure. As soon as we play a team who sits back and needs to be broken down we don't have the guile to create anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.