Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich1878

Player Valuation: £40m
Both the Mirror and the Express are claiming that Everton have already been in contact with Wayne Rooney to make him our next manager .
I personally don't know wether I think he is ready or good enough to manage us , but that's just my opinion.

I have no idea if he is good enough, and no one can claim they do, but it's a young manager we need. Someone who will command the respect of the dressing room and bring fresh ideas.

And they don't need to be hugely experienced or proven either. Proven or experienced managers have flopped here. Find someone who can come in and prove themselves here. Experience is nowhere near as important as people think. Good people will do a job, regardless of age.

That said, I think Lampard is the smart choice, not Rooney.

I have no idea if he is good enough, and no one can claim they do, but it's a young manager we need. Someone who will command the respect of the dressing room and demand respect.

And they don't need to be hugely experienced or proven either. Proven or experienced managers have flopped here. Find someone who can come in and prove themselves here. Experience is nowhere near as important as people think. Good people will do a job, regardless of age.

That said, I think Lampard is the smart choice, not Rooney.

Lampard cant set up a defence. Thats the major issue with him.

Rooney has 5 wins, 10 draws and 7 losses and would be 19th without the pts deduction. No idea if thats decent with the squad / but morale must be low.

They showed a couple of team set piece plays which seemed to be innovative a month or two back.

Players would (in theory) want to play for an ex superstar player.

In reality though he binned us off as a teenager and i dont see how its a move to get 'fans onside'...Ferguson would be my pick over Rooney

What are we? Ex-blues charity?
What makes him good enough a manager to get the job? Nothing.
Let's move away from this jobs for the boys mentally...that includes Duncan...and get someone based on ability as a manager.
I don’t want him however history shows we’ve never won anything without an ex blue at the helm so to a degree yes we are .

Rooney has 5 wins, 10 draws and 7 losses and would be 19th without the pts deduction. No idea if thats decent with the squad / but morale must be low.

They showed a couple of team set piece plays which seemed to be innovative a month or two back.

In reality though he binned us off as a teenager and i dont see how its a move to get 'fans onside'...Ferguson would be my pick over Rooney
I think he’s probably done a decent job given the circumstances, it doesn’t mean I want him here and if we gave the manager the boot Like you I’d probably give it to Ferguson until the end of the season . After that there is a world of managers out there .

Instead of a big Hollywood name cant we just have a good manager, was willing to give Benitez a chance, even though he wasn't my choice, but looks like that's backfired. Was contemplating Nuno before Benitez, but I'm coming around to Potter now, he plays attractive football seems to make players play better, not a Hollywood name but that never worked out either did it.

Lampard's Chelsea team were excellent in his 1 season of actual real football, with a transfer ban, after Hazard was sold. His defensive record was fine that season as well. If people want to judge him on a season of fake behind doors football, and because he isn't Thomas Tuchel, then fine. But I find that pretty irrational to be honest, because someone of the calibre of Tuchel is not coming near our mess of a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.