Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious Everton want him so now does Rooney want it enough to tell man u he wants to leave?

Around 100k a week for 4 years might tempt him. But if it keeps the likes of lukaku then it will be worth it.

I'm just concerned that his legs have gone

No way will we hand Rooney a 4 year contract.

We wouldn't need to either to be honest, he wants to play with us not sit on the bench for 2/3 years. He will be happy with year on year extensions if he is still in the team and contributing. That is after the initial contract period, hopefully it will be a 2 year contract, if we have to pay utd something possibily 3.

*prepares to be vaulted when he is unveiled on a 6 year deal...

Koeman is funny the way he just says yes we'd be interested. Our managers in the past have tended to say something like yes he's a great player but I don't talk about other team's players. Mourinho was funny as well saying koeman had said he'd like to sign depay but never made an offer.

We wouldn't need to either to be honest, he wants to play with us not sit on the bench for 2/3 years. He will be happy with year on year extensions if he is still in the team and contributing. That is after the initial contract period, hopefully it will be a 2 year contract, if we have to pay utd something possibily 3.

Existing contract paid off by Utd
Free transfer to Everton
£125k basic per week
2yr deal with option of 3rd year.

Koeman is funny the way he just says yes we'd be interested. Our managers in the past have tended to say something like yes he's a great player but I don't talk about other team's players. Mourinho was funny as well saying koeman had said he'd like to sign depay but never made an offer.
We never. They wanted a buy back option, we refused, end of discussion.

Done deal I reckon.

I wouldn't start him every match but I'd start him in most. Midfield 3 of Davies, Morgan and Gueye. Rooney and Barkley behind Lukaku. Lookman as an impact sub until he is ready, in time for Rooney to take a back seat and think about coaching.

I see him as a transition signing, we can't attract a player of Rooney's ability without Champs lge football. I just think he'd be great for the young player's, even for Rom and Barkley as well.

Big interview with Walsh in The Sunday Times today. On Rooney;

"He didnt leap to China in January, the only person this can be driven by is Wayne and how much he wants to come back to Everton. Hes a top player. If the opportunity arose to bring him back and it sat well with everyone, Id drive over myself and get him"

A 3 year deal would make sense to me. Get a good couple of years out of him and then in his final year we could let him go off to either China or the MLS to see the final days of his career out with a mega bucks deal...

Existing contract paid off by Utd
Free transfer to Everton
£125k basic per week
2yr deal with option of 3rd year.

The way Mourinho was talking the other day suggests they won't pay him off! Saying he wants to keep him and he's still a valuable member of the squad suggests to me he trying to make out Rooney is still important at Utd and it would cost some to sign him.

Big interview with Walsh in The Sunday Times today. On Rooney;

"He didnt leap to China in January, the only person this can be driven by is Wayne and how much he wants to come back to Everton. Hes a top player. If the opportunity arose to bring him back and it sat well with everyone, Id drive over myself and get him"

Says it all that. IF Rooney is seriously keen, it's every bit possible it's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back