Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah why not, be a laugh if nothing else. He would have been a better footballer if he'd stayed at Everton imo. Not more successful or richer for sure, but a better footballer.

Yeah why not, be a laugh if nothing else. He would have been a better footballer if he'd stayed at Everton imo. Not more successful or richer for sure, but a better footballer.

I completely agree. He might get there goal scoring record but I get the feeling United supporters would rather he he didn't? ??

Wayne Rooney said this as he was leaving the club. It's worth remembering.

"I am absolutely gutted at what is happening here. It is clear that it's time for me to leave Everton," he said.

"I'm disappointed at some of the things that Everton have said, especially considering that I know the truth."

He was gutted at leaving Everton and it seems he didn't agree with Moyes or the club about matters we are not privy to.

I don't care if I am in the minority, I would really enjoy seeing him come home.

A deal had to be done with Man U, it was best for both parties. He has made some mistakes but is only human.

He could make it happen, but it would be a massive cut for him.

A small fee. Yes. Will he get a massive pay cut?

Just don't think it's worth to bring him back. How old is he now 31?

Not a chance, with the way our fans destroy our own!!!!

I don't care if I am in the minority, I would really enjoy seeing him come home.

A deal had to be done with Man U, it was best for both parties. He has made some mistakes but is only human.

He could make it happen, but it would be a massive cut for him.
No worries, its all about opinions mate. I personally think its a year or two too late for him now (if its even in his mind to consider returning).
I was gutted when he left, and as you suggest, it was probably best for both parties at that time. Over the years I've took less and less interest in him when he's played for Man Utd at Goodison. Times a healer, people and things move on. He's still a decent footballer, but a shadow of what he once was. For the cost of his wages alone I just can't see it. And, I'm not particularly bothered if he does or doesn't return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back