Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
playing wise think he'd be valuable, offer options at number 10 and up front.
Relieve the creativity onus on Ross a bit.
All ifs buts and maybes at this point though.

He gets an offer from China then that's it, he's swerving us like the plague. If we get him it'll be on loan with United still paying his wages.
No way he'll ever go to China. He hated the pre-season tour United did there.

He's most likely to go to the States.

Get him on loan with a option to buy, no more than £7.5m. See how much he really wants to play for us. Match our top earners wage at about £75k in a 2 year deal. He can definitely do a job for another 2 years.
Note that we signed a 32 year old Williams for £9m

I reckon he could a year ot two at EFC and then still go onto fill his boots in China or USA.

If there is no transfer fee and we can fix his pay at less than 100k/week then why not? He is a
far better player than Ross.

With Jeffers back at club already and now Rooney being linked to us, we might as well get nick barmby and steve mcmahon on the coaching staff...

I reckon he could a year ot two at EFC and then still go onto fill his boots in China or USA.

If there is no transfer fee and we can fix his pay at less than 100k/week then why not? He is a
far better player than Ross.

Is he? In 2016?

I see no evidence of this whatsoever. he has been crap for United, he has been crap for England, hence him not being in their starting 11's. (Same as Barkley to be fair.)

United and England have both been rubbish too so its not as if its a massive drop to come to us and we are getting a boss player.

Despite all the speculation I dont think it will happen - as others have said Rooney will get offered mega-money to go to USA or China and cant see him turning it down. I still think he could do a job for us as a partner to Lukaku but not at centre-mid. The only way he will turn up at Everton is if he is happy to play for two years at 100k a week and Utd let him go on the cheap. Can't see either happening so its a no go. Hope Wayne continues to make as much money as he can and then puts some of his millions into us when he retires.

Reactions: gez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back