Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't particularly want Rooney, nothing to do with the way he left, or anything that's happened between us and him since. He had looked really poor over the last 2 or 3 seasons for United. At times his passing and control has been laughable. He looks absolutely knackered trying to keep up with the play.

Ferguson saw he was on a downward spiral before he left United, and laid the groundwork for his successor to ease him out, but Moyes got him to sign a new contract. The reason Mourinho and Van Gaal didn't play him as much wasn't because they didn't like him, it's because they saw he was no longer up to leading the line for a supposedly title challenging side.

Is he a better option than Kone? Undoubtably, but that shouldn't be the only criteria for signing a forward. An inanimate carbon rod would probably be more use than Kone. IN ROD WE TRUST

That said, a loan deal is far more palatable than signing him permanently on a massive contract. He may come here and be revitalised, and if so we can look to make to permanent afterwards. Hopefully there'll be a break clause for the January window in case things aren't working out.

I won't boo him, I don't hate him, and if he comes I'd support him and obviously would want to work out as if it comes good then it comes good for Everton. I'm sure loads of younger kids will be happy to have a shirt with Rooney on the back, but I don't buy the idea that we'll suddenly sell loads of Rooney shirts overseas.

We all do
9fc.gif

Very happy with this. Still knows where the net is and can ping it. He'll instantly improve the mindset around the club as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back