Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im really pondering Van Frandelino, these Rooney and Sigi deals have thrown me a little, both, you would THINK, are better as a 10, which would maybe suggest a 4-2-3-1

Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Williams - Baines
Morgan - Besic
Klaasen - Rooney - Sigi
Sandro
Of course Sigi could replace Rooney, Rooney replace Sandro and thats without trying to add the big nosed Frenchman.

But its ALMOST possible to stick them in a 4-3-3 as well

Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Williams - Baines
Morgan
Klaassen - Sigi
Sandro - Giroud - Rooney
Options, lovely, lovely options, signing another CB would also open us up for a "better" 3 at the back formation :

Pickford
Keane -- BEAST -- Williams
Kenny ----- Morgan ----- Baines
Klassen - Rooney - Sigi
Giroud
I shall be watching with the eyes of the eagle.

My word this is authorative AND insightful

In my mind's eye using these prompts I have already visualised us winning the Europa League final with Sigurdsson teasing a through ball to Rooney who UNLEASHES A SUPREEEEEEME DIPPING SHOT IN OFF THE BAR GOOOOOOOOAL .

Thankyou

Rooney coming in on a one year loan deal, Man U paying half his wages.
Really?. I called that actually yesterday, but thought Rooney would need to take a pay cut to make it happen. Didn't expect United to agree to cover half his wages. Do we know if there is a loan fee?

Not a bad deal for us. There are question marks over his form and fitness so if it doesn't work out we're not tied into a long term expensive deal. If he does the biz it's a win win.

Expect also a few extra live games with Rooney in the squad. What do we get? £750k per match. 5/6 extra live matches will go a ling way to covering our outlay on his wages.

My only worry is the reaction of the fans on match days. If he doesn't perform from day 1 there are a section of fans who will be quick to turn on him. The atmosphere could get pretty toxic.

Really?. I called that actually yesterday, but thought Rooney would need to take a pay cut to make it happen. Didn't expect United to agree to cover half his wages. Do we know if there is a loan fee?

Not a bad deal for us. There are question marks over his form and fitness so if it doesn't work out we're not tied into a long term expensive deal. If he does the biz it's a win win.

Expect also a few extra live games with Rooney in the squad. What do we get? £750k per match. 5/6 extra live matches will go a ling way to covering our outlay on his wages.

My only worry is the reaction of the fans on match days. If he doesn't perform from day 1 there are a section of fans who will be quick to turn on him. The atmosphere could get pretty toxic.

Supposedly that is what's doing the rounds mate, been mentioned all done by the end of the week.

I used to be in the hell no category. But meh, he plays a position we need, will make us a bit better in the short term and there are few options out there.

He'll score a few then probably get injured because his body is older than Yakubu. But hell any lousy goalscorer who bangs in a 8 goals/season is worth 75K+/week these days so you might as well splurge and get someone who is somewhat better. Its not my money and still a better investment than [insert Soton striker not named Gabidinni]. Plus, after medical science can no longer put him back together again maybe we could still sucker some MLS side into taking him. So welcome back Wayne if that is the case, I'll enjoy the few months/matches you'll be able to play for us.
His transfer fee saved the club.
The truth :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back