Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently on the train from London to Peterborough and someone near me just mentioned Rooney's name.

He is wearing a suit so probably one of his agents.

Honestly , this transfer has far more good than bad.

For a start, he's probably the highest profile signing we've ever made. It's easy to forget when you're in the PL bubble, but Wayne Rooney is an astronomically big name in football. Profile wise he's probably got Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo ahead of him, and nobody else.

United are [Poor language removed], and he holds no affinity towards them at all. I didn't mind united under Ferguson, but now they're almost as bad as Liverpool, their fans have turned mongy without the success, they're just chucking money around for the sake of it and their manager is a hobo who lives off takeaways.

Rooney went there to win trophies , he won everything he could win and now he clearly can't be arsed with them and it shows.

He [Poor language removed] hates the national team circus, and rightly so. The only thing he has left to achieve in football is to prove something at Everton, he could go anywhere in the world for a payrise, he could phone it in at United but he's desperate to come here and show us what he can do.

It's. Not. That. Bad.

If this was a loan move it could have been easier but if there is complications it could mean we are taking him permanently. A nominal fee between the two parties and then a case of offering him a contract. This has probably been going on for a few weeks between the two clubs. It makes more sense for United to get completely shut. His transfer fee would not even be that much anyway.

Honestly , this transfer has far more good than bad.

For a start, he's probably the highest profile signing we've ever made. It's easy to forget when you're in the PL bubble, but Wayne Rooney is an astronomically big name in football. Profile wise he's probably got Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo ahead of him, and nobody else.

United are [Poor language removed], and he holds no affinity towards them at all. I didn't mind united under Ferguson, but now they're almost as bad as Liverpool, their fans have turned mongy without the success, they're just chucking money around for the sake of it and their manager is a hobo who lives off takeaways.

Rooney went there to win trophies , he won everything he could win and now he clearly can't be arsed with them and it shows.

He [Poor language removed] hates the national team circus, and rightly so. The only thing he has left to achieve in football is to prove something at Everton, he could go anywhere in the world for a payrise, he could phone it in at United but he's desperate to come here and show us what he can do.

It's. Not. That. Bad.

played as a number 10 I can see him being late stage Osman mk 2
his ball retention can be shocking and honestly I don't think his passing is that great

There is no way we'll be paying a fee for him. United want him off their wage bill. As things stand he's due to pick up £26m over 2 years when he's no chance of playing regularly for them.

There's also zero chance we'd be picking up hos contract and paying him £250k+ a week - it just won't happen. We have a wage structure in place.

Any complications will be over what pay off he's getting from them and what contract we're willing to give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back