Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did think of Baines but he never came through our academy so I left him out.

Yeah he's sort of half homegrown. Shame we booted him out.

Exciting prospect to have these different generations of blues playing in what should be a successful team. Although victory with a load of foreign mercenaries would be good, a la City, it just wouldn't feel the same as having our own in the mix.

He'll do well early season, I have no doubt. He's still a match winner on his day. I just dont think he;s got it left in the tank to do that regularly though.

Apparently it's a freebie apart from wages, so worth a shot.

I agree (again WTF?!?!)

And realistically we might only need him for one season before we can upgrade again.

He'll do well early season, I have no doubt. He's still a match winner on his day. I just dont think he;s got it left in the tank to do that regularly though.

Pretty much agree with this.
One of my concerns is that he'll just try too hard, run all over the bloody pitch trying to rediscover his youth and knacker himself out.

Its hard to disagree with that. If @tommye is right about the wage, its actually not outrageous, in this day and age.

No Dave it's a catastrophic gamble.

Big gamble this.

It's hard to make a case for a new start when we go back 13 years.

Never wanted him to leave; always supported him against the haters; but I have to say - whilst welcoming him back - that he might prove to be a little used player but have a big distracting effect on the team.
The story that Utd went with was that he was fantastic around the club and in training despite being given a bit of a backhander by mourinho so I doubt coming back to a place in a squad is going to ruffle his feathers too much. Plus he's coming home he'll just be buzzing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back