Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree (again WTF?!?!)

And realistically we might only need him for one season before we can upgrade again.

The biggest concern I have is not with the playing side, tbh, it's with the shadow he'll cast over the rest of the team.

He is a global superstar. Not a superstar player for a long time, but a super star in terms of image. We are in the media's eyes from this point forward now Rooney FC.

Not that he has an ego that he needs stroking or anything, he's very collegiate by nature. But I have a lot of reservations over how team-mates handle this type of immediate downgrading in their own importance. You need players who feel they can be leaders of the team. With Rooney in there it's impossible.

We'll see. For now, and on balance, it's a welcome development.

Bry, it really isn't mate, worst happens we end up shelling out wages for nothing, he sat doing nothing with no fuss last season at United, he wouldn't kick up here should it go pear shaped for him
Mate. People get annoyed at Barry for being "old" and on a big salary. He's going to the highest paid player in our history and playing a bit part, how is that of any use to us ? People are saying it's a commercial thing, we are owned by a billionaire FFS.

Welcome back Wayne...I hope we get a re-juvenated Rooney back, with a new challenge he could be a fantastic signing...will get regular football at Everton & strengthen our squad undoubtedly....this is without doubt great business...I am positive Wayne will put in great performances...score great goals & be a incredible influence on his team mates...cmon lets get right behind Rooney & all our new signings this could be a tremendous year for all of us.....coyb...

If he's one of us he will play his heart out for this shirt. I'm a little bit drunk, but I put my faith in Rooney. Don't dissappoint me, Wayne.

Win us a cup, score a winner at Anfield and you can retire a true Winner.

..he doesn't know about footy.

Didn't Parry write his first autobiography 'Rooney Tunes' - hardly an impartial verdict. I'm embarrassed Parry supports Everton, I just wish he'd shut up instead of his incoherent ramblings and nonsense.

For the Rooney and Lukaku deals while the press and each clubs media are at pains to stress they are mutually exclusive they are kidding nobody. They have complimented each other to facilitate the transfers - both transfer fees will go through as undisclosed with each club agreeing to a degree of compromise to ease the wheels. Rooney? He'll charge round, do well in many games and in others we'll scratch our heads. Welcome back lid.

No Dave it's a catastrophic gamble.
I have every sympathy with you on this Bry, I'm in two minds myself - not over the return of the prodigal son aspect, just the shadow he'll cast across the club and how our players react. Yes, he's limited these days. I accept that. two seasons ago I'd have been delighted. But now he's going to be playing in fits and starts.

Mate. People get annoyed at Barry for being "old" and on a big salary. He's going to the highest paid player in our history and playing a bit part, how is that of any use to us ? People are saying it's a commercial thing, we are owned by a billionaire FFS.
Commercial as in the attention we get to attract more fans more visitors more tv exposure more press more sponsors bigger sponsors. Utd are owned by billionaires but you can bet their bottom dollar they never have to spend a penny if it because of the brand built there.

He could help pull in other players too. He will be good for putting us on the map. Hardly anyone has heard of Everton where I work - but they've all heard of Rooney. People this week have come and told me that Rooney is going to Everton. They are amazed when I tell them that's where he started.

This whole thread reminds me of a flickering light bulb that is about to burn out.... transfer on/of/on/off/on/off...come home/go away/ come home/go away/come home/go away/...... It will be a success/failure/success/failure/success/failure/success/failure/...

I am guessing this might be the way Rooney's career with us will end... good game/bad game/good game/bad game/good game/bad game/... until bench/no game/bench/no game/bench/bench/bench.... no more games. The real debate is what the timescale on all this will be. Everton think two years at best, I agree/disagree/agree/disagree/agree/disagree/agree/disagree/...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back