Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
What some fans on here don't realise about this deal.

My son who isn't big on football yet apart from being a blue went to his first game the other month for the under 23s title win game. He doesn't know much yet, rather at his age be into superheroes and fidget spinners (ffs ) rather than force him into football.

Just asked him Then, do you know any footballers, his first response was wayne rooney. After first saying he was retired ( lol ) I told him he wasn't and told him he is about to sign for Everton today. All of a sudden he is excited to go to a proper game next season just to watch him.

Point of all that is there a generation of young football fans let alone blues who see wayne as a hero, a name they know. Bicker about whether he is good enough for us or not but how many young football fans going to be watching us next season out of interest to see Rooney play? How many young blues will be made because their hero plays for us? Case and point, my lad who has very little interest in football at his young age now can't wait to go the game next season

running-end.gif

Some footage of Rooney doing his medical at USMFF now.

I can't get excited about it. I understand him leaving to win things, it's the United badge kissing I can't get over.

He's not the exciting 16/17/18 year old we once had. To me, he's just another old United player that we shouldn't be bothering with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back