Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
His kids will be watching him play for the club they support. Motivation will be no issue for him at all.

This is going to work out really well for us.

That my view as well, said this earlier

I disagree, its a message the whole world will see.

Months back i was against him coming back, he looked finished. But, the romantic in me thought " what if?? "

He is not in the England squad, quite a few people are saying he is finished. He has a massive point to prove, to us and the world. For the past 18 months he has been in and out of the United team playing a number of positions. No chance to get some consistency, so no doubt lost a bit of confidence and combative edge.

His footballing brain is on a different level to most players, that will still be there. This move could reignite the fire inside him, get his mind and body in focus and he can still be a world beater. Sure, hes not going to be the unbeatable 17 year old we remember but he will want to prove people wrong. At the place he started, the club he loves like me and you.

Lets give him a chance, i think he will prove a success for some reason. No idea why but it feels right.

Can't wait for him to score at an away. Always used to be scenes and I'm sure will be no different this time round.

i have no recollection of stubbs leaving and coming back to us and i especially don't remember him playing for that god awful derby team. That video made me realise just how many players we've had return to us.

So if we add the inevitable rooney, that's:

Rooney
stubbs
pienaar
baines (sort of)
jeffers
mcfadden
donovan
baxter(?)
ferguson
fernandes
gravesen
jo
unsworth

returned permanently after a loan
lukaku
Lennon
arteta
deulofeu
barry
campbell
howard

jeez, the list is even longer than i thought
Jags was with our youth academy before Sheffield if that counts too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back