Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody would think Rooneys 51 the way some are going on about him, he's 31 then Giroud is mentioned and he's 30. Rooney will be a big success here, he will think he has unfinished business and it wouldn't at all surprise me to see him get 15/20 goals this season, he's coming here to do a job and if he stays fit he will win us more big matches than Lukaku has (then again I reckon Niasse could do that).

It's not his age it's the fact that he's been playing pro football since he was 16. Wears your body out.

Having said that, a fresh start and new motivation will hopefully get the best out of him.

It's obvious Rooney isnt the player he was but he brings to Everton a wealth of experience and I'm still pretty sure he has a passion for his boyhood club ... what do I know!? Look at the state of my club ha! But sit back and think .. I reckon a lot of prem clubs would've taken him on.. seems exciting times at your place.. enjoy the ride you never know!...

I actually didn't think we would see him back until he was 35, so getting him back at 31 is a real bonus, old 31 what are you on about he is a good footballer and hasn't ever really relied on pace, he will be a fine addition to our squad.

Old in that he's been playing professionally since he was 16. A lot of games on that body. Also isn't a fitness freak.

I think it's a good signing...just saying that a 31 year old Rooney has a lot of wear and tear.

Why can't people just wait and see how he does here rather than going waaay over the top one way or the other?

You must all want him to do well ffs he's going to be playing for us.
Been speaking about this with the lads and prob 50-50 tbh,but imagine this, 90th minute at the scum and its 0-0,baines takes the corner down the anny rd end,its cleared to rooney on the edge of the area,20 yards out he hits it on the volley nearly bursting the net and runs over to the jubilant evertonians going crazy,i would be going mad werever i was watching it and he would be forgiven for spending so long at utd

Just going through the on line newspapers, the main story is about Rooney and Everton. Lukaku gets a mention for being arrested and usually in the same article about Everton going for Giroud........a great marketing capture and I'm sure he'll do the business on the field......

Old in that he's been playing professionally since he was 16. A lot of games on that body. Also isn't a fitness freak.

I think it's a good signing...just saying that a 31 year old Rooney has a lot of wear and tear.

Wasting your time trying to be reasonable and sensible here mate. For some people the messiah is returning and that's all that matters. I remember him playing against Watford last year where he gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen. I remember euro 2016 as well. In fact I can't remember anything notable about him since the overhead against Man City.

I hope he's good for us. People definitely saying he will be need to lay off the kool-aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back