Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mercenary is one who is motivated purely and simply by money and status. Loyalty, ethics, gratitude, sacrifice etc do not matter. Rooney has made his mark in football and should retire with dignity. Instead, he goes back to Everton as the only club both prepared to have him and pay him lots of money that he does not need. If he came back in a coaching capacity for free I'd change my tune, but as I see it, Rooney is here because of Rooney, not Everton.
With regard to being a mercenary, he could sit out his last year at Utd and earn a packet. Instead he is taking a pay cut to come to EFC. 13 years at one club is not a mercenary.
More or less every club below us would take Rooney in a heartbeat. I also think Spurs would take him.
I am sure he will end up joining the back room when his time comes, but for now he still has a lot to give.
I can't tell how it will work out for him, but I suspect being used in his best position will bring out the best in him.

With regard to being a mercenary, he could sit out his last year at Utd and earn a packet. Instead he is taking a pay cut to come to EFC. 13 years at one club is not a mercenary.

I think United paid him his final year or so salary, upfront. Circa £15m

I think the focus on him will let the others bed in nicely and maybe make other players on our radar think, if Rooneys there I might go there myself.

Can't see this negatively, just hope he stays fit and is able to lift our on pitch mentality, especially with refs and teams who think they can come and bully us.

COYB

Talking bubbles mate, if it was money related he would go to china or the MLS, he's still a class player and will improve our team. It will be great for the youth to learn off someone who's won it all and has the desire to keep winning.

Highly unlikely he would get 150k in MLS since nobody else is including the likes of Steve Gerrard and China has that new 100% tax on players and no offers for him from there I believe. I think insisting on 150k and breaking our wage structure when he will likely be just a squad rotation player is a bit mercenary.

IMG_0051.webp

ROOOONNEEEEYYYY

Highly unlikely he would get 150k in MLS since nobody else is including the likes of Steve Gerrard and China has that new 100% tax on players and no offers for him from there I believe. I think insisting on 150k and breaking our wage structure when he will likely be just a squad rotation player is a bit mercenary.
Don't see why he will be squad rotation he wasn't dropped by Mourihno for fitness reasons more that he doesn't fit Mourihnos preferred style of counter attacking football. He does suit Koemans preferred pressing style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back