Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness he does look in as good a shape since the Fergie days at Old Trafford. Not sure whether it will help that much though as I think he has gone as a player but we will find out soon enough.

Thats why he's worth the risk, both physically and motivationally he has looked not their for the past 3 years, and its showed, the big what if though, is if he gets that fitness and motivation back, then what's left in his tank - It really isn't beyond the realm of possibility that he could roll back the clock 4 years for a season or two (unlikely but not impossible)

not sure what to make of it and how I feel about this. Since saf left hasnt really been the true rooney that we all know. IF and a big IF is, if his mojo is back we'll sit back and enjoy this one i think. Arghhh want to love him but........

DER5WjlXUAEIL7Q.jpg

looks in the best shape i've ever seen him tbh
Fair play (any close season nips and tucks not withstanding) he looks trim enough. The trick for the more mature player is to put in a hard pre season - play, but not wear yourself out trying to keep up with the likes of Tom Davies in between at FF.

If his decline has been over estimated due to a lack of motivation, then that's what makes this intriguing
Remember too this guy has only ever played well when he's been up to full match fitness. That hasn't happened over the last 2 years.

Jury is still out but I think the extra tv revenue from extra live games we'll get with having Rooney on board will near enough cover his wages this season at least.

A mercenary is one who is motivated purely and simply by money and status. Loyalty, ethics, gratitude, sacrifice etc do not matter. Rooney has made his mark in football and should retire with dignity. Instead, he goes back to Everton as the only club both prepared to have him and pay him lots of money that he does not need. If he came back in a coaching capacity for free I'd change my tune, but as I see it, Rooney is here because of Rooney, not Everton.
So how does Rooney qualify for that? He left to have a successful career and did so. Complete opposite from a mercenary especially when the club he left only a few years later sold their best player to literally pay the bills (arteta) whilst he was winning league titles and European cups

Not sure I buy this idea that simply pulling on a blue shirt will make him rediscover lost motivation. Nor do I buy the idea that motivation is the only thing he's missing.

If he fixed his diet and binned off alcohol he'd find all the motivation he needs: he'd be able to do the things on the pitch that he was doing years ago. The latter is (in my view) the main reason for his lack of desire when he plays, and the former is what's needed to halt physical decline and make or break his return.

Fair play (any close season nips and tucks not withstanding) he looks trim enough. The trick for the more mature player is to put in a hard pre season - play, but not wear yourself out trying to keep up with the likes of Tom Davies in between at FF.

Even from his young days Rooney was always someone who needed to be playing regularly as well and took 6-8 games to get back to speed once he'd been out, so last season he would always have looked bad given his role.

IF it has anything to do with motivation he will be brilliant for us, as long as the body is up to it, which looking at it he is at least giving himself the maximum chance of it being

A mercenary is one who is motivated purely and simply by money and status. Loyalty, ethics, gratitude, sacrifice etc do not matter. Rooney has made his mark in football and should retire with dignity. Instead, he goes back to Everton as the only club both prepared to have him and pay him lots of money that he does not need. If he came back in a coaching capacity for free I'd change my tune, but as I see it, Rooney is here because of Rooney, not Everton.
Talking bubbles mate, if it was money related he would go to china or the MLS, he's still a class player and will improve our team. It will be great for the youth to learn off someone who's won it all and has the desire to keep winning.

The biggest thing I'm holding onto was his performance is big Duncs testimonial ! came on, looked up for it and was captaining on the pitch ! even in a friendly shouting and pointing at players im guessing he hardly knows ! like he used to do when he was 16 ! Always remember the game against Boro years ago! when he took a few players on and the rest of the team just stood there watching ! so he stopped stood on the ball, shouted and gestured come on ! this is player I hope we get !

Anyone know why the Rom and Rooney deals haven't been completed officially yet. Its become a bit boring now.

I want to feast and indulge myself on the next set of luscious deals awaiting our fume :celebrate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back