Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame him one bit for leaving and really find it bizarre that grown men are still upset about something that a teenager done 13 years ago.

But hypothetically, if I had a son playing for everton, and he told me he fancied a move to United, I'd tell him he's disloyal and an idiot. I'd be utterly distraught he'd want to leave and under no circumstances would I be able to encourage it.

...Rooney was unique at 17, almost globally known and ready to play at the very highest level. If he was my son, I'd certainly have encouraged him to make the move because he was ready. I think that has been proven with the illustrious club career he's had.

BRING HIM HOME
fd09312934d94c7d8926b2c1dede1875.jpg

234462_54_news_hub_195207_656x500.jpg

Of course there will be players who buy shirts of their favourite players, regardless of the clubs they play for.
I bought a Landon Donovan shirt after his first loan spell because a) he made an impression on me b) i've the personality of a 14 year old.
Are you telling me i'm the only one in the world who has ever done that?
Come on mate!

I am sure people do it.

I am not convinced that 100M Instagram followers or whatever are going to do it. The difference (if we didn't have the Kitbag deal making it all pointless anyway) would be negligible.

Besides...the shirt is rubbish.

...Rooney was unique at 17, almost globally known and ready to play at the very highest level. If he was my son, I'd certainly have encouraged him to make the move because he was ready. I think that has been proven with the illustrious club career he's had.

Judas.

Booooooooo!

Our most popular player on Instagram is Lukaku on 300k followers.

Rooney has over 10m.
Yes 10 million United fans none of whom will be rushing out to buy everton shirts. It's a myth that Rooney is going to bring us some sort of financial windfall. Plus he is an over the hill striker, not exactly the sort of name that people want to walk around highlighting in their shirts.

Not for me mate , he's an instinctly fantastic finisher.
Part of a front three he'd be brilliant.
His last 2 years he's been pushed out wide , played midfield & dropped deeper.
He's a goalscorer take that away & its a waste of time signing him.

Agreed, but does he still have the legs and the mobility to play up front? He also has great vision and could supply passes for the likes of Sandro, Bolasie, Lookmanand Roms replacement.

Questions around his fitness are justified but the fact remains he has the creativity and skill to completely change a game for us.

Especially against the 'top 6'. We have no one in our team now and we haven't for many years.

If he's starting or off the bench he will create chances and score goals if he gets the service. If Ronald gets him performing consistently then I have no doubts he will be superb for us once more.

Welcome back Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back