Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the term keyboard warrior. Whenever anyone calls someone else one they're doing it to try to display that they're a real life basher who doesn't act hard over the internet...

It cannot be used as a phrase unparadoxically lol.

Was that not Alan Ball's tribute day as well? Said it before, nothing personally against Wayne but I think this deal benefits him more than us.

Agree with this. A few days ago we he was supposed to be coming on a free and massive cut in wages. Now we are close to paying 10m for him and 150k wages - paying a squad rotation player a wage that breaks our salary structure (would have been nice to do this for a star who could be with us for years) . Plus its not a good look for us that we seem desperate to get an over the hill star play with us (unless you believe any publicity is good publicity) .

The only positive thing is that at the end of the day I think for a year he will be a better playmaker than Barkley (and good tutor to Barkley too if he stays). Is that worth the cost and poor publicity? let's wait and see.

handbags.webp

...whether it's kissing the Utd badge or earning £150k some folk are clearly unhappy with this deal and no amount of discussion will change their views. Personally I'm in the 'quite content' group but even that doesn't matter. Rooney has clearly been a long-term aim for RK/SW (remember the 'Sky Day' at USM FF). They want him in the squad and that's all that matters.

The manager will ultimately be judged on the team he assembles. Agree to disagree.
Splinters on the fence hey eggs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back