Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name a side in the Premier League apart from Huddersfield Town and maybe Brighton that would take Fat Waz?

Yet he is good enough for us, a team that aspires to be a CL team?

It's one big joke.

Play him as the main striker, keep him up top using his intelligence to find space, no running back into midfield to help out.

We don't have a Prem class striker bar him, so save his legs and keep him up top full time, that is the way forward, sub him off when needed for DCL and Sandro.

This .

We don't need our striker coming back since we only play with 1 , play 2 fast wingers on each side and Sigurddson behind him to feed him

This .

We don't need our striker coming back since we only play with 1 , play 2 fast wingers on each side and Sigurddson behind him to feed him

The issue is whether Koeman has given him free reign or whether Rooney has taken it upon himself to be roy of the rovers. Neither are good for us. He needs to be disciplined, conserve his energy, and be around the opponents penalty area/final third at all times. He can drop deep a few times if he really feels compelled but that's it. He's our best finisher and the only one at the moment who looks like he could grab a goal. In his goals against Stoke and City, he showed good movement and also the ability to be in the right place, hold your position and anticipate where the ball will go.

Mourinho said it when he took charge of United last year, Rooney is NOT a central midfielder. He should not be dropping deep. This isn't a crack at him, but it's insulting that people seem to think you can just "drop back" into midfield when you get older and play a role some of the greatest ever players took years to master. A few have done it, but only a few.

Name a side in the Premier League apart from Huddersfield Town and maybe Brighton that would take Fat Waz?

Yet he is good enough for us, a team that aspires to be a CL team?

It's one big joke.
Looking at what most sides have up front or at number 10 in the bottom half then half the division would but I agree we shouldn't have signed him given we wanted to sign a couple more number 10's so badly. Given us a lopsided squad with no focal point up top bar a kid who is raw and will always have a stinker like he did on Thursday as part of his learning process.

Rooney has worked his balls off all season for Everton, and while constructive criticism is fine, simply cyber heckling and calling him names because of something that happened 15 or so years ago is unfair. Against Atalanta he ran himself into the ground, saving Baines frtom embarrassment on numerous occasions. RK may have given Rooney a particular role to play, but that must depend on how well the rest of the team are doing their jobs. One reason Rooney has had such a great career is that he has always been recognised as a TEAM PLAYER....and we need a few more with the same attitude. He is not the player he was in his mid twenties,at his peak, he is a different player now,but he still has one of the sharpest football brains in the modern game and as I will repeat...he has a full understanding of the team ethic, something we are sadly lacking at present.

Looking at what most sides have up front or at number 10 in the bottom half then half the division would but I agree we shouldn't have signed him given we wanted to sign a couple more number 10's so badly. Given us a lopsided squad with no focal point up top bar a kid who is raw and will always have a stinker like he did on Thursday as part of his learning process.
It's not Rooney's fault our squad is lopsided. I think out of all of our signings this summer, he's playing the best.

And I didn't even want him back.

It's not Rooney's fault our squad is lopsided. I think out of all of our signings this summer, he's playing the best.

And I didn't even want him back.
Same here, just seemed a strange decision to sign him given how desperate he was for the other pair. That is if he signed him at all and it wasn't actually Bill who did it.

He's the only one who looks like he might score, why on earth he was left back/wing the other day I don't know. Put him right up front with DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back