Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Efcjake your services may be required here sir

I have to say I was initially not a big fan of signing lukaku. Was thinking Morata is a better striker but I'm glad to say that I've never been more wrong.

I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with his general play. His touch isn't bad as is being made out. He is a lethal finisher, creates chances for his teams, has good hold up play and unlike Zlatan last season(who is a better striker fwiw), he can stretch defences with his pace.

What is even better is that he has carried on being a lethal finisher and even when he misses a penalty or a sitter in a game, it doesn't affect him much.

It's early days of course but the signs so far has been very good and with Zlatan coming in a month or so, he can learn from arguably the best striker right now.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/romelu-lukaku.77973/page-2233#post-5576119

Would prefer Morata as he has a better all round game however after not signing Griezmann and loosing Rooney we are incredibly thin for options in final third and are arguably at the moment worse off personnel wise than at same stage last season.

We aren't a charity, the cream always rise to the top if Rashford is good enough he will make it. I have doubts myself and thinks he lacks a few things to really be top class but this is not our problem. Our aim to become the best team in world football not carry academy products.

:coffee:

hmmmmmmmm

@orly

Not really surprising. This was a common opinion of most united fans (and many football fans too) when he initially signed. Morata was the technically brilliant striker but not a proven scorer and isn’t a good starting striker. Lukaku was the awkward lump with a poor touch who scores tons of goals. Safe to say, both these myths are not to be seen being thrown around anymore.

Not really surprising. This was a common opinion of most united fans (and many football fans too) when he initially signed. Morata was the technically brilliant striker but not a proven scorer and isn’t a good starting striker. Lukaku was the awkward lump with a poor touch who scores tons of goals. Safe to say, both these myths are not to be seen being thrown around anymore.

Evening toffees

Don't forget the ninety million though coming the other way.
It was closer to 75 plus Rooney I think. Would much rather have gotten 90 and no slow Wayne. We are so bad with him in the team its almost laughable. If he wasnt such a proven trash person Id feel bad for him, he works really hard, but still it isnt nearly good enough.

How long a contract did we give Rooney?
2 years they are paying his 150 k per week wages = 15.6 million that I feel may be the Lukaku's add ons taking the sale to 90 million nothing disclosed just a good guess maybe as nothing as been disclosed by either club - I could not see us paying that --ruining our wage bill structure - big gamble -early days but I did not really want him but I suppose with shirt sales etc etc we may claw a bit back?
he may still be handy to have as a player been okish in a struggling side so far his commitment has been very good and notched 2 goals so far!

2 years they are paying his 150 k per week wages = 15.6 million that I feel may be the Lukaku's add ons taking the sale to 90 million nothing disclosed just a good guess maybe as nothing as been disclosed by either club - I could not see us paying that --ruining our wage bill structure - big gamble -early days but I did not really want him but I suppose with shirt sales etc etc we may claw a bit back?
Jesus, use punctuation Joey ffs! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back