Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tide is starting to turn...

He will always give you a few decent touches in every game but his ball retention and overall impact on a game is so far short of the standard required.

He is the root of everything wrong with this club atm. They are more concerned about selling the brand than success.
lol

We've got a CB that can't pass or do anything against any striker who has 5% of quality (Williams).

We've got a dictating midfielder that does not pass forwards or show for the ball. (Schneiderlin).

We've got a young full back been thrown into CB because 3 other experienced players are injured (Holgate).

We've got no recognised, seasoned CF.

And the problem is Wayne Rooney who has been decent or above in every game he's played this season.

Can't beat the GS and their darlings.

lol

We've got a CB that can't pass or do anything against any striker who has 5% of quality (Williams).

We've got a dictating midfielder that does not pass forwards or show for the ball. (Schneiderlin).

We've got a young full back been thrown into CB because 3 other experienced players are injured (Holgate).

And the problem is Wayne Rooney who has been decent or above in every game he's played this season.

Correct,also nothing moving in front of him.

lol

I've genuinely been surprised by how well Rooney has done but that's because of how bad he was for United over the last 24 months. So yeah, fair play to him for giving it a proper go. I still think the team would be a lot better with him on the bench. The amount of times he loses the ball during a game just doesn't help us at all.

I've genuinely been surprised by how well Rooney has done but that's because how bad he was for United over the last 24 months. So yeah, fair play to him for giving it a proper go. I still think the team would be a lot better with him on the bench. The amount of times he loses the ball during a game just doesn't help us at all.
But you're focusing on him though.
How many times do the rest of them do it? Loads. But the spot light is always on this lad because of who he is.
He's our best player. Which doesn't mean he's a world beater, it just shows where we are at.
The last thing we should be doing imo is benching our best and most consistent current performer.

But you're focusing on him though.
How many times do the rest of them do it? Loads. But the spot light is always on this lad because of who he is.
He's our best player. Which doesn't mean he's a world beater, it just shows where we are at.
The last thing we should be doing imo is benching our best and most consistent current performer.

The fact people can even present a valid argument for him being our best player tells you everything about our predicament. This summer window has left us so far away from the top sides it's embarrassing.

He does good things but he's got to have some type of positional discipline
Finally some good and constructive critique.
Him coming deep doesn't help us unless there is pace and quality ahead of him.
I feel for him in a way pasting it back and trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck but it doesn't help us just like it didn't help England in the latter stages of his international career.

I've genuinely been surprised by how well Rooney has done but that's because of how bad he was for United over the last 24 months. So yeah, fair play to him for giving it a proper go. I still think the team would be a lot better with him on the bench. The amount of times he loses the ball during a game just doesn't help us at all.
He was a black hole for United, England and currently Everton football club. People think because he runs all around the field that he is having some profound impact on the game when in reality he is ruining the chemistry and providing nothing in terms of end product or movement.

He was a black hole for United, England and currently Everton football club. People think because he runs all around the field that he is having some profound impact on the game when in reality he is ruining the chemistry and providing nothing in terms of end product or movement.

Hi mate

lol

Thanks mate.

You look at the standard for the top teams in that position and Rooney is nowhere near it. I understand why people like him but for me it's blue tinted glasses. I predict by the year's end the majority will want him moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back