2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He who solves The Rooney Problem will go a long way towards solving Evertons.

The problem being he still thinks he can run around like he did, do everything...and do it well.
That’s it exactly. If he was given the right role and some direction I think he can still be a big part for us !

15/16 was the first season that he and Juan Mata had to team up in attack with two kids, a false 7, and a headless chicken. The season before we still had van Persie, Di Maria and Falcao. I doubt that without him Mata alone could lead us to the Champions League ahead of City, Arsenal or Spurs. We should have done better without a finished player disrupting our play shouldn't we?

We should have replaced the exits of falcao, RvP and Hernandez with more than just martial. Essentially rooney was the only striker and he scored like 3 goals in the league till December iirc.

We should have replaced the exits of falcao, RvP and Hernandez with more than just martial. Essentially rooney was the only striker and he scored like 3 goals in the league till December iirc.

I remember it a bit differently mate, Martial wore the number 9 shirt and was striker for quite a number of games earlier in the season, Rooney got injured for quite some time in early 2016, thus Rashford stepped up as striker until the end of the season.

I think Rooney played at no 10 or deeper more than as striker in that season. He did have a barren run in 2015 like you said, how much that was due to Van Gaal system is up for debate I guess.

Been the best player apart from Pickford. Only player likely to score. However terrible everyone else is he needs just to do his own job.

It's not Wayne Rooney the problem.....he has done what he came back to do score goals & has been one of our best players so far this season.

Still got a few moments of class but in reality he's a finished, overpaid, drink driving, serial cheating, granny shagging, tortoise who was signed on sentiment rather than how he would fit in to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back