2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Wayne has had a fortnight give or take of an extended international break to recharge the batteries. Which is what he said he needed in retiring from international effort. Media suggestions are that his bridges are rebuilt domestically also so presumably those distractions are diminished. So can we expect ninety minutes of quality this weekend as a result?

So, Wayne has had a fortnight give or take of an extended international break to recharge the batteries. Which is what he said he needed in retiring from international effort. Media suggestions are that his bridges are rebuilt domestically also so presumably those distractions are diminished. So can we expect ninety minutes of quality this weekend as a result?
Mate we haven't seen a consistent 25 minutes of quality from him, asking for 90 is a bit much.

Wayne and Coleen looked a picture of happiness in Nandos yesterday according to twiter photo.

Doubters don't win.....winners don't doubt.....

Rooney is a winner....let the doubters despair when Wayne scores another goal this weekend.....

Cmon Wayne......C palace. 0. 1. Everton. Rooney. 75

Not for me mate

Think I'd draw a line under his time here now

Three successive managers have had issues with him and he hasn't really shown any particularly good form for three years (granted, he's not been in the side a lot of that time, but you have to ask why)

He does usually turn up for derby games, to be fair, but think we should be looking ahead and planning for life without him as his negatives seem to be drastically outweighing his positives now

I'll take your word about him mate. I know him only from what I've seen him play recently and glimpses from the past. I only remember him as one of your better players.

Actually I mentioned him because in the previous discussion with mikeh72, he suggested not to play both Rooney and Gylfi, so I thought would you be playing 5-6 of your kids to take on, for example, the likes of Coutinho, Mane, Firmino and Salah at Anfield.

Even though the game seems gone, the manner of how it's going to be lost does matter for me, and I just don't believe that your kids are your best players.

Doubters don't win.....winners don't doubt.....

Rooney is a winner....let the doubters despair when Wayne scores another goal this weekend.....

Cmon Wayne......C palace. 0. 1. Everton. Rooney. 75

True this, people can moan all they like but until other players take his place by out playing and outscoring him he starts every game on merit, only him and Niasse have stood up to be counted as far as goals this season

Wayne and Coleen looked a picture of happiness in Nandos yesterday according to twiter photo.

Recharging in McDonald's and Wetherspoons more like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back