2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
said before several times, the problem isn't so much rooneys performances he has been far from our worst player, the problem is rooney himself, he doesn't seem to know what position he is playing, he is always everywhere trying to do everything, the balance is all wrong when rooney plays
Absolutely this ^, Rooney has no positional discipline at all and if he is picked as a lone forward, as he has been many times this season, and roams around then we are left with no outlet up front at all. This means that any ball knocked up field comes straight back and our defence is then put under sustained pressure all game. He is a detriment to the whole team.

That's a relief mate, hopefully Mirallas and Niasse will get the nod too, especially at Anfield on Dec 10.

Not sure about that one.

To be honest we could put out a World XI and still get thumped at Anfield so I'm not bothered about that game. It's games like Saturday that require us to be fully on it with the pressing game and quick, direct attacking football rather than a load of sluggish crabs taking 20 minutes to move into space after making a pass.

I don't agree with Rooney not being fit. He is fitter than most I reckon but he just runs out of position all the time wastes energy then needs to catch his breath like anyone. He sprinted past every other everton player when Leicester scored on the counter attack the other week.
That was in the 29th minute........

Kinda proving my point. Its the issue of what hes capable of in the 55th minute.

No mate, stone dead fact, as I know better than you!!!1

Of course it is. :)
What annoys me with the Rooney situation the most is the fact that he apparently *HAS* to play, which is absolute turbocrap.

He also gives the ball away nearly every time he drops deep, which is already too often, as the amount of times that happens should be between 1 and 0 per game.

I don't know how some people give him a free ride for this. Scary that you see so many advocating him dropping to central midfield. Remember that pass Neville made in the FA Cup against Wigan? Rooney has one of them in his locker every week.

Not sure about that one.

To be honest we could put out a World XI and still get thumped at Anfield so I'm not bothered about that game. It's games like Saturday that require us to be fully on it with the pressing game and quick, direct attacking football rather than a load of sluggish crabs taking 20 minutes to move into space after making a pass.

To be fair, Mirallas has always looked more interested than most against Liverpool. As you say though, that game is already done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back