Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see why we brought him back and I think he's got a part to play but right now he's not being selected on form which is a worry. Hopefully after Gylfi + striker come in we'll have more options to rotate him away.

hahah please tell me who is being selected on form and who can have any form they are still in pre season. nobody has played well.

I honestly thought he did OK. His first touch is good and he was always looking to make first-time and intelligent passes. Yes, a lot of them didn't come off, but the same could be said of pretty much anyone out there last night. Passing across the board was poor, especially Schneiderlin's, whose is usually excellent.

I honestly thought he did OK. His first touch is good and he was always looking to make first-time and intelligent passes. Yes, a lot of them didn't come off, but the same could be said of pretty much anyone out there last night. Passing across the board was poor, especially Schneiderlin's, whose is usually excellent.

His touch will always be good. The problem is that his body can no longer do what his mind wants it to do, and that is irreversible. It happens to everyone eventually, but we've been silly enough to sign someone who it obviously happened to 1-2 years ago and thought we could turn it around.

That's how I seen it mate. It was another 70 odd minutes, he looks a lot fitter and looks like he's getting some sharpness. Only once when he should have got his shot off 2nd half did he look sloppy.

Hasn't set the world alight and maybe that ain't a bad thing as it manages our expectations of what he can and can't do.

I do believe he will be a very shrewd signing

Wayne Rooney tried first time passes = reckless, terrible, awful
Davy Klaassen tried first time passes = ok didn't come off but you can tell he is a footballing Einstein and will clearly be the next Xavi

Just what we're up against sadly.

RedCafe's Rooney thread is interesting:

It feels good to see him doing this crap performance for someone else rather than us. Finally he's not our problem anymore.

Those who thought he may return to his form in Everton were kidding themselves. Rooney is done as a player at this level of football since 2 years. He should have left EPL but his ego prevents him from accepting the fact.

Anyway again it's not our problem anymore.

RK's job will be on the line if he persists with Wayne.

Bang on. One thing that was noticible with Wayne was his first touch taking him away from the defender. Put us immediately on the front foot a couple of times.
Think he'll be solid for us this season, not amazing but solid

2 seasons you mean.

No mate, 2 competitive games, that is what he has played for us thus far.

He got 5 goals and 5 assists last season in a season he was used sparingly.

That's 3 assists less than Barkley but same goals.

He will do a job for us over the season and chip in, his professionalism will be there for all to see. He isn't the player he was that is obvious, but he is still a decent premier league footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back