Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I have watched us get spanked every week and play dour football and have no attacking threat. We have been dire... the fact we are in the top half would suggest there are 10 teams in the league worse than us... which would mean the standard of the league must be bad.

We were dire, that’s the difference.

Is it still the cool thing to have a go at English football? In reality there isn’t much difference between the leagues.

Spurs are in 7th struggling in English football yet pissed the toughest champions league group there was.

..didn’t realise we’d conceded that many.

Just thinking about the funny little stutter Rooney does at the start of his run up. It’s probably a throw back to what he’s always done as a youngster. Not sure if Sigurdsson was Swansea’s penalty taker but i’d feel more confident if he was taking ours.

Neither did I until i saw a stat on twitter.

Cant think off the top of my head who we've conceded them too, but i've zoned out from football we've that bad this season.

Watford (H)
Man United (A)
West Ham (H)
Lyon (H)
Atalanta (H)

Cant think of any more? That's with 2 in Europe. Obviously the stat must have been wrong.

Awarded pens;

Watford H
West Ham H
Swansea H x2
Brighton A
Liverpool A
Palace A

The top teams are decent obviously ... but outside of the top 6 the standard must be terrible if we are looking toward Europe after the spineless performances we have put in. So we are in for a shout of Europe again ... did you not watch our Europa league campaign?

Yes mate I did, the French and Italian 3rd and 7th placed teams beat the then lowly placed English team.
If the matches were played again now, I doubt the results would be the same.

Yes mate I did, the French and Italian 3rd and 7th placed teams beat the then lowly placed English team.
If the matches were played again now, I doubt the results would be the same.

That's the point tho isn't it? We have been shocking yet still are in the top half. So there must be about 10teams that are even worse

That's the point tho isn't it? We have been shocking yet still are in the top half. So there must be about 10teams that are even worse

You did see we finished 7th last season?
Any kind of 'normal' management would have us at least the same, if not better (I reckon 10 points better?).
So, there should be 10 teams worse than us.
I don't know where that takes your 'point' but, I think you're wrong again.

You did see we finished 7th last season?
Any kind of 'normal' management would have us at least the same, if not better (I reckon 10 points better?).
So, there should be 10 teams worse than us.
I don't know where that takes your 'point' but, I think you're wrong again.

Yeah last season we had the second top goals scorer in the league and actually had an improved defence on the year before. My post said the standard of the prem must be bad .i came to this conclusion by watching us get thrashed every week and playing with players that literally couldn't string 5 passes together over 90 mins . I would expect us to be in dire straights after a run like that but we aren't . So other teams must have been worse... half the league in fact. So outside the top 6 the standard must be poor. Logical thinking no?

Yeah last season we had the second top goals scorer in the league and actually had an improved defence on the year before. My post said the standard of the prem must be bad .i came to this conclusion by watching us get thrashed every week and playing with players that literally couldn't string 5 passes together over 90 mins . I would expect us to be in dire straights after a run like that but we aren't . So other teams must have been worse... half the league in fact. So outside the top 6 the standard must be poor. Logical thinking no?

Not really mate, we have a decent squad which was mismanaged. We are now heading towards where we should be, which doesn't mean the teams below us are crap.
Every game in the prem is a tough match, so I'm not sure how this discussion progresses?
Logically, we're off topic so you don't have to be polite and reply.

Didn't want him back, but he has a touch and bit of vision that none of our other players have. He's done great, will gladly tuck into a large platter of my own words.
Amen brother. I felt the same but his leadership on the pitch has been and will be invaluable. I’d only keep him involved for this season and the next though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back