Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's won us games on his own.

Against the 'lesser' sides he really does excel. Against the big boys he's been wasteful in possession and quite anonymous, but I think we expected that.

On the whole, we've been better off having Wayne Rooney in our side this year. God knows where we would have been without him.

This is so spot on.

Against the likes of West Ham etc Rooney can run the game from deep.

Against better teams he is lost.

Without him this season we would have gone down.

Next season we have to play without him if we want to progress

Not mobile enough to play against good quality teams.
Should never be playing in a midfield with someone equally slow like Schneiderlin.
Wouldn't surprise me if Davies is on at the start of the second half.

This is a reminder to the fans that see him run the show from CM at home against relegation dross and think he can play there consistently

He's done well with a proper midfield around him. Today he is with Schneidershite and nobody else, up against a team that essentially plays 6 in midfield. Hardly the day to be finalising your judgement of him.

Due to us being absolutely dreadful this year it has created the illusion he's played well at times. For as long as Rooney is one of the first names on the team sheet this club will be going absolutely nowhere.

He does not have the legs to play CM against these Sky teams.

Gana, Davies and Beni in CM. Walcott and Bolasie on the wing next week.

Due to us being absolutely dreadful this year it has created the illusion he's played well at times. For as long as Rooney is one of the first names on the team sheet this club will be going absolutely nowhere.
i disagree with the 1st and agree with the 2nd. I think he has played well at times (similar to Barry), but he is too limited. We just need someone better that can compete physically as well as technically in the center. Without Gueye and Davies to do the legwork he looks really out of place as well.

i disagree with the 1st and agree with the 2nd. I think he has played well at times (similar to Barry), but he is too limited. We just need someone better that can compete physically as well as technically in the center. Without Gueye and Davies to do the legwork he looks really out of place as well.

I think he's popped up with some crucial goals and assists but his overall style doesn't do anything for us controlling the pattern of a game. Playing him away from home is a complete disaster, just not good enough to be part of future of plans if we have any hope of threatening Arsenal over the coming seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back