Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been average. Which I suppose would make him one of our better performers this season.

He's won us games on his own.

Against the 'lesser' sides he really does excel. Against the big boys he's been wasteful in possession and quite anonymous, but I think we expected that.

On the whole, we've been better off having Wayne Rooney in our side this year. God knows where we would have been without him.

he's been alrite

he's on 150k a week, he should be doing a lot more

if he wasn't a local lad and just some feller from europehe would be absolutely slaughtered by everyone including the media

Against the 'lesser' sides he really does excel. Against the big boys he's been wasteful in possession and quite anonymous, but I think we expected that.

On the whole, we've been better off having Wayne Rooney in our side this year. God knows where we would have been without him.

Based on what i read and the player interviews i see , Rooney has a big role to play off the field . He is this leader inside the dressing room , the mentally strong character , legend of the Game . We can use him like Fergie used Scholes , Giggs . Similarly I have heard Chelsea fans crying about missing Lampard and John Terry's personality after they left , that winning attitude .. But yeah I agree such role should not command the highest wages in the team .

Based on what i read and the player interviews i see , Rooney has a big role to play off the field . He is this leader inside the dressing room , the mentally strong character , legend of the Game . We can use him like Fergie used Scholes , Giggs . Similarly I have heard Chelsea fans crying about missing Lampard and John Terry's personality after they left , that winning attitude .. But yeah I agree such role should not command the highest wages in the team .

well that's init, he might be an influence and a leader but he's on £150k to be a player, and he performs nothing like a player on those kind of wages

Well if he wasn't playing its not like we would be playing with ten men (unless Schneiderlin was replacing him..)

He was obviously a world class player and still shows glimpses of it at times. he also shows reasons why he is back at us as opposed to ending his career at United which is pretty much what you have said there anyway.

I am intrigued to see how he does going forward with our full backs back in the team and having proper pace on the wings again in Walcott and Bolasie. With more players doing his running he may excel.

Well if he wasn't playing its not like we would be playing with ten men (unless Schneiderlin was replacing him..)

He was obviously a world class player and still shows glimpses of it at times. he also shows reasons why he is back at us as opposed to ending his career at United which is pretty much what you have said there anyway.

I am intrigued to see how he does going forward with our full backs back in the team and having proper pace on the wings again in Walcott and Bolasie. With more players doing his running he may excel.

Agree with everything you've said.

Also do not forget an ex Manchester united and England "Legend" adds to the shirt sales significantly .. I cant wait to see this year's Shirt sales figures in Asia ( # RooneyBrigade :cheers:)

Also do not forget an ex Manchester united and England "Legend" adds to the shirt sales significantly .. I cant wait to see this year's Shirt sales figures in Asia ( # RooneyBrigade :cheers:)

Did Merseyside go mad when Gazza signed for us ? I saw one of his interviews just after his signing where he said all news reporters are only talking about him and he is enjoying the attention .

Ha, oh I am sure they are through the roof!

Would help a bit of our shirt didn't look like a training shirt. I proper hate this years home kit. I am a big believer in looking the part and we played as badly as our kit looked.

Did Merseyside go mad when Gazza signed for us ? I saw one of his interviews just after his signing where he said all news reporters are only talking about him and he is enjoying the attention .

Not really, I think most were a bit peeved that we were signing a 36 year old has been with "demons".

Had one good game against Orient in the cup though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back