Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we could get £50m for him from some Chinese club.
I think you low balling there, 100m is perfectly achievable due to image rights etc.
If a bid of around 70m in cash and 30m in add-ons came in it would be hard to say no imo.

Why don’t we replace him with a player we don’t have to constantly make excuses for and actually justifies their wage?

Oh wait he was good in 2004 and is a bloooooo0000Ooooooo. My mistake.
A lot of the youngsters have mentioned how valuable Rooney is to their progress as a footballer through advice in training and during matches. Also looks to me like Rooney has taken on some of the captain's responsibilities this year too. Oh, and he's top scorer. Is that worth 150k a week? Probably not, but there's a long list of players were paying big wages to that haven't justified their wage either. Rooney is the least of our worries in that regard.

A lot of the youngsters have mentioned how valuable Rooney is to their progress as a footballer through advice in training and during matches. Also looks to me like Rooney has taken on some of the captain's responsibilities this year too. Oh, and he's top scorer. Is that worth 150k a week? Probably not, but there's a long list of players were paying big wages to that haven't justified their wage either. Rooney is the least of our worries in that regard.
Seamus should be captain and leading by example on the field.

It's the biggest no brainer of the close season to give him the arm band.

Everyone please continue to tell us Rooney is 'past it' and playing Davies etc would be a better option. Dying to hear how this damning stat can be justified

Attachments

• 9F2F670E-D8DF-451B-B687-7179F3E60E87.webp
    9F2F670E-D8DF-451B-B687-7179F3E60E87.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 187

If we don't find a manager that can revatilise Rooney it's another failed appointment. I don't mean that we need a manager only for Rooney, but he's not the only one who needs a boost. We have got several under-performing players whom I think we can forgive for not doing that well, bearing in mind rubbish tactics, no vision and no clear direction. I always think of DCL, Lookman, Vlasic, Dowell, Davies, Kenny, Keane as those who deserve time to improve, and I'd even give Rooney, Klassen, Funes Mori a chance too. The people who are not doing well this year are the type of characters who need a good coach and mentor, and even though Rooney is older and wiser, his Man U performances show how much of an influence Fergie was on his career, and how well he managed and mentored him.

The manager=coach is key! I don't know if Fonseca, Silva do the business for me. I think if we're ever really going to realistically go to the next level, it has to be a proven manager. I know it's a sad tactic, but I'd look at Arsenal's shortlist, and get their rejects! Mosh and Kenwright don't seem to have a clue so they may as well start there. If Arsenal's manager shortlist is too ambitious and too good for us, well then, back to square one c. 1998

Thats hillarious. If you cant see how bad Rooney is, then you cant be helped. He’s at times been one of the worst Ive seen in blue this decade.

Did you see the attached image? Have you seen how many points he's gotten us with his vital goals and assists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back